This topic contains 50 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of hsv865 hsv865 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

So are they altenza lights that have been tinted or painted ?

Or are they altenza lights that are black looking ??

They look like they wouldn’t let any light through at all

p.s carnt wait till cava sees this

I just know a few people who have been fined for black painted and black covers over there lights

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I’d comment. But I’d get banned.

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Gary won’t ban you

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

photo in shed, at night,their no were near as dark as that photo looks,their just not CLEAR ,paintings for kids with 22s(maybe thats a bit harsh)can’t put link to ebay or photo off there,they look a lot clearer there.anyway new std ones coming so i got choices for my moods, haha

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

It’s ok

I’m only joking, cava nailed me for ages when I had altenza tail lights, took me a good year till I come around but eventually I put a factory set back in and now I will admit factory is better

Altenza front lights and clear side indicators are good but the rears do look tacky in my oppion

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

no dramas here bloke,i asked for opions,everyones aloud one,they won’t affect mine.These haven’t got the round corvette look lights(which I’m not a fan of).I wanted clear like the side lights.My mates are giving me heaps over them(who cares)see when it goes back together,factory looking car besides wheels(which I’m changing again)had car for nearly 20 yrs,this is second rebuild(bigger than 1st)or tidy up really, so change a few things here & there ,keep me interested .cheers for looking

ps. manta that thing of yours reads like a weapon,nice.

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah each has there own oppion

Rear lights are nearly the easiest part to change on a vr-vs anyway so doesn’t matter what you use

The car over all is looking good

Yeah myns a little mental, good fun though lol

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of vs manta 218 vs manta 218.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

This a ban free site :) Totally agree with to each their own, how bloody boring if we all did the same thing. I do remember the grief Cav gave Pete about his rear lights, was funny to follow :)

Have I missed the specs on this, what running gear has it got, or is it still in the build?

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

If I ever move to Melbourne and see cavas car Im Goin to fit them lights to it while he isn’t looking bahahaha

Might round the nuts so it’s hard to remove

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

If I ever move to Melbourne and see cavas car Im Goin to fit them lights to it while he isn’t looking bahahaha

Might round the nuts so it’s hard to remove

I literally lol’d, gold :)

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

372 5L ,-9, vn grp a,4bolt.came out of the blue clubby,G Force at Gates head(Newcastle)built it 10yrs ago,had 100k on it,getten a freshen up,bump couple of comp pts(good 98 now)spin it to bit over 8k,makes power all the way,mild & reliable,use to make 395rwhp all day,couple extra pts,fresh bearings,rings,lighter car should be alright

already had t56 conversion,koni,hd king springs,was 3.9 spool,now 3.7 m80 true trac,was std(on car from new) vt 2spots on 330mm with braided lines,after a lot of stuffing around,asking dumd questions (haha)went & bought Harrop monster kit,aussie gear,straight bolt up, surely can’t go wrong

check the back of that piston,close to 100k on that,clean as,motor is a real credit to G Force engineering 

Profile photo of GMH-304
    GMH-304
    Participant

I was looking at buying that VT awhile ago just for the engine too, but I swear that the ad said 370 (3.625 stroke & 4.03 bore). Anyway I started buying parts to build my own which hopefully should be ready to build later this year.

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

gmh304,yeah sweet,got it just over a year ago,it is a nice car i struggled in wether to pull it apart,really grew on me quick.Mark i think his name was put some dollars in it,genuine bloke told me the story of the car,when i spoke with Glen at G Force for the freshen up basically confirmed what seller had said.car had got around but well looked after.May be next year i’ll do something with it.Tubs,short diff, 4 link ATS twin turbo kit on ls2 with auto for frying tyres haha

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Sounds great, revving to 8k, holy crap :)

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

haha no scratchs yet,5xHarrop boxes turned up today,happy easter

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

trims cleaned,seats cleaned,massaged with leather gear(hhmm nice,haha)& installed,windows retinted,front & rear glass installed(new front)just waiting on trimmer with new h/brake boot,he also cut a little out of the trim bit around gear lever, fits real nice,with manuell conversion auto trim don’t fit,not a bad few days over Easter.waiting on slip rings for front rotors now,backed of the Koni’s a bit to, hopeful ride a bit nicer too.Reckon i’ve spent at least 4 hrs over a bucket of warm soapy water to this point,can’t wait to put brakes on ,don’t have to clean them,hahaha

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

forgot this did it as soon as car came home 3hrs get dash outcame up alright,car was family truckster for a while,lots a time in shopping centre carparks.

Profile photo of hsv865
    hsv865
    Participant
    Supporter

this look right?dosent look right,squashes a little in car,don’t remember anything else in there,orginal one sits similaralso whats an easy way to line up diff,thinking string lines,must be an easier way,cheers folks

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

That’s a pedders cradle mount is it ??

Looks fine

I actually have a piece that when that is pressed Into the cradle It goes on top that is about 10mm thick to help really bind it up tight

Doesnt that press Into the cradle from top ??

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.