HomeForumsGeneralForum Feedback & SupportMaking build threads private to members only

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of vs manta 218 vs manta 218 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

As the total says, is that possible ?? Would it be easy to do in next upgrade ??

Profile photo of Phire aka Gmfan
    Phire aka Gmfan
    Participant

Might seem to be a silly question but why? If people want to lurk and not contribute wouldn’t it be better not to have accounts being created  if they arent adding value to the forum? Just wondering.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea actually its something we thought about when setting it up.  I guess it comes down to preference and personal opinion.  In the end I guess it was my call to make the forum as “open” as possible.  That’s why there is no bar on linking to other forums, no draconian mods, there pretty much is nothing hidden or prevented as long as people show a little respect.  I really want to make it as I say as open as I can.

The problem with making build threads only open to members is it sort of means random people cant stumble across a build thread when surfing, start reading, then decide its a good forum and join.  So I sort of balanced that against it encouraging people to join to be able to see them if that makes sense?

Just my thoughts though, always open to discuss that sort of stuff :good:

Profile photo of SaUte
    SaUte
    Participant
    Supporter

Speaking of an open forum, any chance of having a list of staff so we know who’s who ?

Mick

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Speaking of an open forum, any chance of having a list of staff so we know who’s who ?

Well this will be a very short post, not to many of us staff yet lol.   ;-)

But I guess I sort of “own” it I guess since I was the one who finally got the shits with SC and decided to go off and start my own forum, I came up with the name, registered the domain, started the Facebook page etc.  My daughter (Georgie on here) in between studying law and journalism does freelance web design, graphics etc.  So I got her to create it for me more or less to my sort of design for a nominal fee since she is a uni student. The time she puts in now though answering questions etc she does as a volunteer (and is greatly appreciated for that  :yes: )and does a great job.

Then there is a great small group of ex SC guys that really helped us out with their time testing, lots of suggestions and improvements and they are Kroozer, Soopy, Kal Spl, Jaba & Cava454. Then a short while into it came along Wraith who is very tech/fb savvy who manages the Facebook page, and lately has also helped out with the forum.

Right now only Georgia and I have admin rights so there are no official moderators as such.  But I am sure that time will come soon enough, but actually to date all that’s been needed is one removal of the C word and a couple of thread moves.  To date everyone’s been pretty bloody civil to be honest, which is way better than having to police stuff and piss people off.

So that’s the official Commodores Plus org chart :wacko:

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah I’m all cool with it been public, it was just a thought I had and was wondering if it had crossed your mind at all

good to see others helping out with this one as well, I would help but I would probley end up  crashing the site some how lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.