HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralDrivelineLs1/t400 lh starter kit, what converter?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vh05wa
    Vh05wa
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have an ls1 and th400 going in my vh, I have bought the Castlemaine lh starter kit with flexplate, I’m wanting to know if I can just use a traditional th400 converter with this kit using the spacers they supply? What are your experiences? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of seeum8
    seeum8
    Participant

Depending on what your planned combo is, ideally you’d get a new converter built and modified to be lengthened where needed. I’d recommend TCE

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Go see TCT before TCE IMO

tell them the scenario and thy will get it sorted

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi mate, if your question is will a standard regular converter physically fit with the spacers the answer is yes.  Btw just double check before you get too far that when you fit the spacer plate, that when the flex plate goes on it doesn’t foul and the engine can trun over freely.  You used to have to do a mod to their plate but the last pics I have seen they have made the change so when its supplied it fits but wont hurt to check.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.