HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralDrivelinels1 engine temp and thermo fans

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dave dave 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

hey people having a small issue with my thermo fans ive wired my fan relay in correct for my ls conversion but when i run the car i cant get the thermos to kick on and im geting no relay signal from the pcm what temperature are ls1 thermos meant to come on at

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

ENGINE COOLING FAN LOW SPEED
    The engine cooling fan low speed relay is energised by the BCM.

The cooling fan low speed relay will be turned ON when:

The A/C request indicated (YES) and either:

the vehicle speed is less than 30 km/h.

A/C pressure is greater than 1500 kPa

The coolant temperature is greater than 98°C.
    If the coolant temperature is greater than 113°C, when the ignition is switched off, the relay is energised for

approximately four minutes, this is known as Low Fan Run On.
    If an engine coolant temperature sensor fault is detected and a DTC such as DTC P0177, P0188, P01114

or P01115 is set.

The cooling fan low speed relay will be turned OFF when any of the following conditions have been met:

An A/C request is not indicated (NO) and the coolant temperature is less than 95°C.

An A/C request is indicated (YES) and the vehicle speed is greater than 50 km/h and A/C pressure is less
    than 1170 kPa and the coolant temperature is less than 98°C.
    >ENGINE COOLING FAN HIGH SPEED
    The engine cooling fan high speed relay is controlled by the PCM. The PCM will only turn ON’ the engine

cooling fan high speed relay fan if the engine cooling fan low speed relay has been “ON” for two seconds

and the following conditions are satisfied.

There is a BCM message response fault which will cause a PIM DTC B2002.

An engine coolant temperature sensor fault is detected and a DTC such as DTC P0177, P0188, P01114 or

P01115 is set.

Coolant temperature greater than 108°C.

The A/C refrigerant pressure is greater than 2400 kPa.

If the low speed fan was OFF when the criteria was met to turn the high speed fan ON, the high speed fan will

come ON 5 seconds after the low speed fan is turned ON. If both the engine cooling fan relays are ON, the
    PCM will turn OFF the high speed relay when:

The engine coolant temperature is less than 102°C.

A/C request not indicated (NO).

A/C request indicated (YES) and A/C pressure is less than 1900 kPa

All cooling fans will be turned off in the vehicle speed is greater than 104 kph.

Profile photo of dave
    dave
    Participant

Hi. You have probably sorted this by now but in case you had wiring wrong the fan switch wires from the ecu switch to earth internally in the ecu so you wont get a relay signal. Fan relay should be wired to be switched to earth by the ecu.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.