HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVT – VX – VY – VZLOW-57L 500+rwhp Getting Ready For Powercruise

This topic contains 38 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ACE PERFORMANCE TUNING
    ACE PERFORMANCE TUNING
    Participant
    Supporter

Mine used to be an m6 too, can’t  beat an auto at the strip though

and manuals are a lot harder on the tailshaft,drive shafts and diff etc.

I always thought the 4l80e was ok guess not.

Cant go wrong with the turbo 400 they are very tough boxes.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

nobody likes manuals anymore? :( sounds like changing gear yourself will be a lost art pretty soon…. I would have jumped at the Malwood T56 option! You get all the fun, highways would be a breeze, so what if you sacrifice a couple of tenths at the strip, it’s still going to be a friggin quick car?? doing a trackday or going for a drive down a windy mountain road would be boring as crap in an auto :(

nothing like click top gear whilst turning the tires off the clock without having to lift.

Just foot to the floor and row thru the gears.

Will be be heaps quick and MUCH nicer to drive.

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

I would have jumped at the Malwood T56 option!

I reckon if you are going manual its hard to go past the TR6060 MG9 out of the VF LSA GTS. And its “only” $3,450 brand new from Holmarts….

I’ve looked into a similar thing, and whilst it sounds like an awesome deal, i’m led to beleive a TR6060(MG9 or not) won’t easily fit into a vt-vz trans tunnel? I don’t know exactly what modification is required, but at least a T56 is a bolt-straight-in affair. I’m happy to be corrected?

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

nothing like click top gear whilst turning the tires off the clock without having to lift. Just foot to the floor and row thru the gears. Will be be heaps quick and MUCH nicer to drive.

If doing enormous burnouts and going to the strip is your thing, then fair enough, at the end of the day you’re building a car for a purpose and everything is a compromise.

But for just about everything else?…. Surely a good manual seems alluring…

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Auto vs Manual the eternal argument  :wacko:

Profile photo of LOW-57L
    LOW-57L
    Participant

Hey Guys , so in the process off doing my next upgrades , going full fuel system , not this is where i need some help.

My two closest united E85 suppliers have stopped pumping E85 and they went exactly close were over a hour away my closest now is 2 and a half hours away so sorta killed the e85 idea is its too hard and i dont want to go drum e85.

Question is where do i go now for more power?

Main goal is to run into the 10s at the Quarter mile , is 400 ish rwkw enough to go into the 10s

Where should i go from hear? suspension and strip a bit off weight or , water/meth injection?

Where would you go with this?

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

My mates 402 stroker with a 5000 stall in a 4L60 went 10.9 a couple of times, with like 330rwkw.

Your current combo can probably go 10s. You’ve just got to set it up right.

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

My mates 402 stroker with a 5000 stall in a 4L60 went 10.9 a couple of times, with like 330rwkw. Your current combo can probably go 10s. You’ve just got to set it up right.

As michael said, 400rwkw should be plenty get you into the 10s, it’s the tyre/diff/stall combo that will matter most. The built T400 + stall + 3.9s are already in your favor, so getting the power to the ground is probably your main concern.

Honestly i’d run it as is with some Drag radials, experiment with launches and tyre pressures a little and you’ll work out pretty quickly based on your results if/where you need to change things

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I ditched the E85 for exactly the same reason, it just takes the fun out of it filling with jerry cans..  I was making 508rwhp before on E85 (not much compression though) and just had it redone on a nice safe street tune and still made 480, might have even squeezed some more if it mattered, so its not a massive drop in power, and just makes it usable.  I agree with the boys above (who know tons more than I do about racing) if your serious about running  10 maybe run it as to see where you’re at, that will then point to where to spend some time/money.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

E flex sender 👍

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

E flex sender

He’d still have to jerry can it, or drive for hours to go fill up :-(

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

E flex sender

He’d still have to jerry can it, or drive for hours to go fill up

but when it permits he can run e85 without a hassle. Just order drum. It’s not much more then the servo

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Drum for me is $400

Last time I filled a drum up at the servo it was like $250.

Profile photo of BTS666.0
    BTS666.0
    Participant

i am running a t400 with 3.7 diff gears. on a 26inch slick i hit the limiter before the line at the drag strip. it was limited to 6500 though, was still running in the motor. i either wanted to runa 28 inch slick or change to 3.46 diff gears. i think i will change to 3.46s now the car is to be registered again. the 3.7s are a little to high for street use in my opinion.  3.07s would be ok, but i was led to believe that they put alot of load on the box. not sure how true that is. it was definately slow off the line with 3.07s.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of BTS666.0 BTS666.0.

...so I said "orange ya glad I didn't say banana?"........hahahaha.....hhhmmmm...pffft.....

Profile photo of LOW-57L
    LOW-57L
    Participant

Been a While since a Update ,

Back in September at Qld Power cruise , took the car to willowbank , with only swapping the rear wheels and tyres to 15×7 with 255/60/15 Et street radial , the car ran 11.7 at 117mph and 11.6 at 117mph was pretty stoked being first time on a real strip.

Plans are now:

Full E85 Fuel System , 1000cc injectors , Re-tune on e85 , all getting done in the next month.

Profile photo of LOW-57L
    LOW-57L
    Participant

Since its a little Quite on hear at the moment , though i would share a update.

Car has just been Fitted with Full Fuel System , Surge Tank , Holley Dominator 1800 Twin Fuel Pump , Turbosmart Regulator , Teflon Braided Lines & Fittings , ID1000cc Injectors

Will Hit the Dyno Thursday-Friday for a Full United E85 Tune , so will see what happens!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Profile photo of LOW-57L LOW-57L.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Profile photo of LOW-57L LOW-57L.
    Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Been hearing some bad stories about the Holley dominator twin pumps lately

they are failing in street use quite often and sometimes causing engines to go bang

just keep a close eye on it

aftermarket industries has just taking it of there shelves and compensating lots of customers with cost price systems to replace them and doin what ever he can to help them

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Since its a little Quite on hear at the moment , though i would share a update. Car has just been Fitted with Full Fuel System , Surge Tank , Holley Dominator 1800 Twin Fuel Pump , Turbosmart Regulator , Teflon Braided Lines & Fittings , ID1000cc Injectors Will Hit the Dyno Thursday-Friday for a Full United E85 Tune , so will see what happens!

Russo’s won’t give you the injector dynamic ID1000s. Which are the more expensive ones. They will charge you for them, but you’ll get the Bosch one. Which is nearly half the price.

They did that to me. I paid around $1100 for the 8 “injector dynamics” injectors. To do a bit of research and find that they were the Bosch type which is around $700 for 8

The only difference is, Bosch make them and injector dynamics tweek them a little better. The way to tell the difference is the injector dynamics have a serial number on the side. The Bosch version is marked out.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Profile photo of Michael Michael.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^thats pretty shit to happen to you.  There is a good video on the ID injectors and why they are what they are.  I do agree they are expensive, and its hard to rate what that extra bit of tweaking is really worth.  But I have them and no complaints so far…

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.