This topic contains 206 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of klampykixx klampykixx 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of klampykixx
    klampykixx
    Participant

Hi peeps. Some of you may remember me from such activities as trans tunnel mounted turbos and a an old red VR…

New project has taken hold in the form of a 99 ford econovan.

Fitted a small stereo and plans for a v6 swap.

I’ll just post some pics for now and if you’re keen maybe you coukd could watch along. I’m sure it’s gonna get interesting.

Then photoshop my new rims, coming on 29th may.

To this now and a hilux front bumper as a spoiler.

In order plans are:

Tires n rims. 205 70r15 maxxis trepador fitted to the silver alloys^^

Rego. :/

New plates. Secret atm. You’ll see.

Purchase donor vehicle. And purchase items for engine rebuild.

Save for conversion kit and custom tail shaft.

Save for engineer certification then rego again December. Then save for turbo kit.

From there… Got a big bush doof event to have organised for July 2016 so that will take a fat chunk of my budgeting for the following 6 months.

Watch this space :)

• This topic was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of klampykixx klampykixx.
    klampykixx
    Participant

Frontal shot isn’t coming up in first post so I’ll try a different one. Stupid Facebook

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

plans to keep matte paint?

certainly gunna be a different driveline!

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

What Happened to the VR that everyone hated but I liked?

im yet to decide if you’re a spastic who actually things the stuff you do looks really cool and it’s top notch, or your just doing crazy dumb shit for the complete hell of it.

so basically I can’t decide if you’re trying to be cool and therefore uncool, or trying to be uncool and therefore cool.

meh, dog ugly dodgy as fuck econovan with a turbo moo sounds good to me.

klampykixx
    Participant

Aj yes to black paint. It’s actually duplicate colour bedliner.

@ejdude I’d say I’m somewhere in the middle of your conundrum sorta liking what I’m doing but mostly just winging it and if it works cool :)

I regret letting it go,  but the VR was just taking up space that I didn’t have so had to move it on. And for way less than I’d ever hoped to get for it. $400. :(

I’m torn between having an audible sports exhaust or keep it super quiet for max stealth.  What do u guys think? Just a single 2.5 dogleg muff or add a silencer as well?

klampykixx
    Participant

got my new wheels and tires fitted today.  pretty stoked with them :)

next plan is to freshen up the engine and hope it runs a little better than it does currently. its horrible at the moment. barely runs on two cylinders… :(

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

I’m torn between having an audible sports exhaust or keep it super quiet for max stealth.

Whisper quiet – Max stealth ftw.

klampykixx
    Participant

You’d be the first to suggest to keep it quiet.

But im super tempted.

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

super stealth for sure..

shoulda kept the vr as a donor for that price!

klampykixx
    Participant

Yeh i wish I could have kept it but it was too old for the van and to be legal. It’s a 99model so the 97 vt is just a scrape thru as it applies to the correct adr for emissions.  The VR had no hope Being 94.

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

don’t suppose u kept those wheel spacers from the vr?

klampykixx
    Participant

nah they went with the car Aj.  Grabbed a few bits from it though,  like my 840cc injectors….. Be interesting to see how much boost I can wind into the van once the forged v6 goes in ey??  Lol

klampykixx
    Participant

So weekend just gone my dad and I just tore apart the 4cylinder and put new rings n honed the block but it’s still only running on three cylinders. Ordered a new dizzy cap n rotor and I’ll put some upper engine cleaner thru it this pay n see if it’s any better.

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

damn, I wanted a cheapie set to experiment before I ordered wheels haha.

18psi or gtfo:p

klampykixx
    Participant

Can buy them for about $60 each  unless they’ve gone up.

After a week of  troubleshooting I finally found two problems that were stopping it running properly.

Leaky egr system was making number 2 and 3 run lean. And exhaust valve on number 3 wasn’t closing. Which I believe had been like that ever since the head was replaced.

Not really understanding how it became so badly adjusted but it’s 100% better.

klampykixx
    Participant

no update really, but put a few kays on the motor since the build and getting a pretty constant 15L/100km consumption, thats combination highway, city, bush and flogging it and being really nice to it.

i cant get it lower, but before the rebuild im sure it was closer to the 10-12/100km.
    fresh fuel pump is the only change to the fuel system other than a deletion of some filter thing on #2+#3 cylinder vacuum line. i feel like its a leak somewhere inside the carb or something to do with the float level.. ive played with the mixture screw and its as good as its gonna get to drive, and way leaner than it was at the stock setting, but still using too much fuel….

any help on that matter?

klampykixx
    Participant

decided not to do the v6 conversion. a few priorities have changed and focus has returned to my DJ business, needing money to grow.

if all goes to plan, ill be updating the van down the line to a larger one which makes the v6 conversion a slight waste of cash.

if anyone wants a Gold VT commodore Berlina for parts/project car, im selling the one I have. PM me for details.

Will be adding some extractors and a complete new exhaust pipe, along with a rebuilt carby and some additions to the sound system in the coming month or two.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of klampykixx klampykixx.
    klampykixx
    Participant

this is still progressing. for anyone who cares, heres some pics

bosch 044 pump…

carby adapter to suit a weber 5200

current setup is just a 3″ cold air intake, well insulated and draws air from the side vent only.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Plates sum it up perfectly, Mad!!!  Love it :)

Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster
    Supporter

Just a friendly reminder, that even though this forum is more or less self moderated, it is open on the internet for anyone to see.  If you wouldn’t be happy with your 6 year old niece or nephew reading what you have written maybe think about the words you have chosen ;-)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.