HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralCar Audio & ElectricsIndy 500 fans SLAM Jewel for 'extremely disrespectful' national anthem

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brianna Jacob Brianna Jacob 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brianna Jacob
    Brianna Jacob
    Participant
    • brianna79e5437
    • I am Brianna from Talknafjor?Ur. I am learning to play the Lute. Other hobbies are Antiquities.

• View build HERE

Fans at the Indianapolis 500 may have thought singer-songwriter Jewel’s version of the national anthem was a little tone deaf.<br>Instead of doing a by-the-book rendition of ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’, the Alaska-raised Folk artist, 49, put together a more nuanced version of the anthem.<br>On a stage as The songstress sported an all-white outfit for the occasion, looking chic in a bodysuit and a white button-up jacket worn over it.<br>She accessorized the look with a beige cowboy hat.<br>Jewel wore her strawberry toned tresses cascading down her shoulders in light curls.<br>She strummed on her dark green guitar and rearranged the entire song for a much slower and soulful rendition. <br>On Twitter, the version of the anthem sung generated a lot of reactions – with the general consensus being mixed.<br>That being said, there were plenty of Twitter users upset at the sound of the song.<br>’She did a great job butchering the National Anthem and even kept her hat on – wow,’ one person Tweeted. <br>Another said, ‘You’re given the honor of singing the National Anthem at the biggest spectacle in racing, and you decide to rewrite the sleep music?

I’m all for being creative and putting your own “personal” touch to it, but that was way too much!'<br>’This is the perfect example of how not to do the national anthem,’ yet another person wrote. ‘It was to the point of being disrespectful.'<br> Folk star Jewel was all smiles before stepping out onto the track to perform her rendition<br> She is no stranger to singing the anthem at sporting events, having previously been chosen to perform at the NBA All-Star Game in February<br> <br> <br> Others defended her performance, saying that the reaction may have been overblown<br> The Indy 500 was eventually won by Josef Newgarden, who doused himself in milk afterwards<br>There were also plenty of people defending the performance for numerous reasons.<br>One user thought that the performance was ‘out of place’, but said, ‘I’m a traditionalist who believes that our National Anthem should always be sung in it’s [sic] original form.

However, the rendition that @jeweljk delivered was unique and sounded nice.'<br>Another said, ‘Hmm I was expecting to hate it hearing the uproar. I thought it was a nice arrangement and fit her style. Personally, I’ve never really cared for her or her voice,  <br>A different Twitter user thought the version matched the tone of Memorial Day, saying ‘Wow, people online really can find anything to be offended about.

Thought that was a nice rendition and wish everyone a happy Memorial Day weekend, as we remember and honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve the freedom we are blessed with.'<br>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.