HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralECU & TuningHolley Carby Tuniing

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of VHSLE CRUISER VHSLE CRUISER 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VHSLE CRUISER
    VHSLE CRUISER
    Participant

My 308 Commodore runs a Holley 600 Double Pumper carby on-top of a Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold.

My carby specs are 28 front nozzle, 32 rear nozzle, 6.5 power valve, front/rear bowls are both adjusted for fuel to only slight weep out (thread level), brown cam on the number 1 slot, idle mixture screws are out 1 1/2 turns with a 1″ carby spacer (base plate)

Part throttle (cruising 2nd/3rd gear and put your foot into it, I’m happy with the power but i think my car is lacking acceleration from start (seems its more sound from the car then go…if that makes senses but its not bogging or bucking, just seems its could be a little more pokier/snappier)

When I have my car idling with the air cleaner off and I snap the throttle and then let it return then do a quick snap of the throttle again its seem and sounds great.

My car idles around 750rpm when first started in the morning but once the engine is up to temp I find my car idles around 850rpm which I’m fine with but when I turn off my car is sometime still runs over for a beat or 2…could this be down to my cars initial timing or ?

My car doesn’t seem to be running rich, well doesn’t smell that way.

Unrelated but if needing to know as well, my car is a 5 speed manual running 3.73 diff gears.

I have read that my transfer slot on the primary should only have a square showing and idle rpm adjust should be done/altered via initial timing, is this correct or false as I have always adjusting my idle via the idle screw on the side of the carby ?

Cheers,

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of VHSLE CRUISER VHSLE CRUISER.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.