HomeForumsGeneralNew MembersHi everyone, checking in.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of OLD GMH OLD GMH 9 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wogan01
    Wogan01
    Participant

Hi all,

Long term reader of SC and JC over the years. I don’t frequent the forums as a poster very often but that’s about to change as I have picked up a project car for myself.

My inspiration for the build was initially my love for Holdens and V8s in general but after reading through “OLD GMH”‘s thread and seeing such a clean VB, definitely what will motivate me with my 1979 VB SL, as I am also a youngish bloke.

A build thread will be up when I can get photos sorted, it needs a LOT of work but hey, it will get there. Also just a quick shout out to VR Senator for all the effort put into getting CP up and running!! I’m looking forward to seeing it grow.

Thanks for reading

~~R.I.P VT SS S1 9C1 ~~
    ...:::::VB 253 SL on the road to being a street cruiser:::::...

Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

Welcome aboard mate. Glad that I could provide some inspiration. Feel free to ask for any advice! There are so many little things on these cars that is useful to know when you’re going through a build.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Welcome aboard mate, and thanks for the shout out! Also great to see you about to post up a build tread, that’s what CP is about, real builds buy real guys and gals at home in our sheds :)

Profile photo of Wogan01
    Wogan01
    Participant

Thanks fellas. Justin mate I will probably hit you up sometime, about something!! Sounds like the engine machining shop in Midland did a top job? My 253 will be coming out eventually and it would be nice to rest assured it’s in reputable hands… ANYWAY, that’s not in the picture for a while.

~~R.I.P VT SS S1 9C1 ~~

Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

Thanks fellas. Justin mate I will probably hit you up sometime, about something!! Sounds like the engine machining shop in Midland did a top job? My 253 will be coming out eventually and it would be nice to rest assured it’s in reputable hands… ANYWAY, that’s not in the picture for a while.

Feel free to :) Yeah mate, from memory no issues. I know of a few places though for when the time comes that will look after your engine. Are you going to do the build yourself or outsource?

Profile photo of Wogan01
    Wogan01
    Participant

Sweet as, aside from the necessities (machine work, balancing) I will be trying to complete as much of the whole car myself. This obviously includes engine, panel/paint, wiring, etc etc. The car needs full bare metal respray, after reading reply to my post on your build thread it sounds like getting the car professionally blasted is the way to go.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of Wogan01 Wogan01.

~~R.I.P VT SS S1 9C1 ~~

Profile photo of OLD GMH
    OLD GMH
    Participant

Definitely the way to go if you want to learn a whole bunch along the way. Trust me after you are done you will be able to take the car apart and put it together with your eyes closed. Very keen to follow this build!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.