HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralSuspensionhelp with fitting 9.5 Fr1 simmons on VL

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SLE355 SLE355 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

The 1 piece ones probably have a clear over the polished lip

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

Having not seen the FR20 1 piece in the flesh, from the pics i’ve seen the dish doesn’t look as highly polished as the 1 piece Simmons? Fair call? I’m actually borrowing one this weekend, so will see for myself.

Na they are highly polished, his do look dull in the pics tho.

245s generally look stretched on the 9.5s hence i didnt run the 9.5s as didnt want a stretched look. Only way you will fix it is raising car a little or shorten diff then can run a 275 etc

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Profile photo of Tizzle
    Tizzle
    Participant

Dish is def highly polished. Just pics don’t show it well. Yeah getting some hd super lows on the weekend to raise up the rear a little.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Would look better buying 8.5 rears and using ur 245’s, then trying to run those rims wth the ass in the air.

Why people buy massive rims and then fit them with tiny ass tires is beyond me. To me it looks like “I could afford these wheels, but I couldn’t afford to do them properly…”

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

Would look better buying 8.5 rears and using ur 245’s, then trying to run those rims wth the ass in the air.  

AGREED. Get a set of 8.5 rears and run the same 245s over them, problem solved!!

Profile photo of SLE-881
    SLE-881
    Participant

I have a set of FR19s on my VH  whuch has been lowered 2 inchs.

The rear rims are 9 inches wide with 255 rubber. They fit in the rear with no rubbing but I had to roll the rear guards. I am currently running the standard VH disc brake diff which is about an inch shorter than the VL diff.

I also have a VL turbo diff that I’ll be rebuilding and shortening to suit the rear and will be able to fit 265 maybe even 275 without rubbing So I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to. You’ll definitely need to shorten the diff and maybe even run modified upper and lower control arms for clearance.

Daniel
    Instagram - @SLE881

Profile photo of Tizzle
    Tizzle
    Participant

going to put the 8.5’s on the rear now and offload the 9.5’s.

Then ill revisit options later in the year when Simmons release the FR19-1 and look at smaller diameter all round potentially.

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Having not seen the FR20 1 piece in the flesh, from the pics i’ve seen the dish doesn’t look as highly polished as the 1 piece Simmons? Fair call? I’m actually borrowing one this weekend, so will see for myself.

Na they are highly polished, his do look dull in the pics tho. 245s generally look stretched on the 9.5s hence i didnt run the 9.5s as didnt want a stretched look. Only way you will fix it is raising car a little or shorten diff then can run a 275 etc

Dish is def highly polished. Just pics don’t show it well. Yeah getting some hd super lows on the weekend to raise up the rear a little.

I’ve got an FR-1 here now and the lip is definitely not a shiny as my 3 piece 18’s, they dont have a smooth finish like the 3 piece. It’s like factory orange peal paint compared to show car smooth. Explains why they don’t look as polished in heaps of pic’s i’ve seen.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.