HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralEngineHarrop HH112 VS HTV1900

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jaiman Jaiman 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jaiman
    Jaiman
    Participant

Hey guys

Been doing as much research as I can on putting a charger on my LS1. I thought I had pretty much made up my mind in the HTV1900 and willing to save to pay the price of a new one.

Have since found a HH112 with a few pulleys and new bearings and bits and pieces for a bit under 5k.

Firstly, is this too expensive for one of these units?

Also, I can’t seem to find much information on the HH112 like the difference between that and the HTV1900 or any issues it may have had.

All i really know is that the displacement is slightly different but that is about it.

Any info on the HH112 in terms of Pro’s, Cons, price, rough estimate of power it would make on an LS1 with the right cam and heads would be great

TIA

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

They’re 1835cc so a touch smaller than the 1900 and use a much older design rotor pack so aren’t as efficient, not a bad blower but depends on condition of the rotors and bearings as a rebuild isn’t cheap.

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

The HTV1900 is a much more efficient blower than a HH112, would probably be more comparable to an HH122.

Profile photo of Jaiman
    Jaiman
    Participant

Yes I agree the htv htv1900 being a current unit that it is definitely better. But for the price I’m just not sure. Apparently had some new bearings put in a few years ago.

for my application, which is a daily driver, not looking huge numbers (300-350), whine, and throw me into the back seat if I put my foot down, would the hh112 be more than effective?

Or will I be looking at problems on the coming years because of its age?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.