This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bigboyVKLS
    bigboyVKLS
    Participant

Hello

just looking around on Fuel line, which one is the better ?? braided line or normal rubber line ?

also is the AN -6 is too small or not really ? as had bought the fuel filter with built-in Fuel regulator..  so i can running the return line back in the tank and feed the fuel to the engine as one way with 85/90 Litre tanks under the boot..

(the picture was googled but it will be looks same as i have here)

thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Braided looks better and is probably the better choice for race cars but rubber line is fine for street cars. I’ll be running a similar setup, in tank walbro to a filter/regulator with return line to the tank and a dead head line to the fuel rail. I’m gonna use 3/8 rubber line from the tank to the filter and 5/16 for the return line, then braided from the filter over the diff into hardline which will run along the chassis to the firewall, then braided from there to the rail, braided and hard line will be 3/8 all the way.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey most cars modified should be good with 3/8 10mm roughly to about 800-900 hp and you can use the same as feed line and return line also if running e85 get the right house normal fuel line will eat itself with e85 , the best set up imo is Bundy tube if you can spend the time fitting it ,also make sure you can run either with engineer

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Just remember the volume of E85 is more for the same power so you need a larger diameter hose.  If you go braided use 200 series (Teflon) as its compatible with E85 and petrol, and as a bonus is much easier to fit the fittings anyway.  Hardline imo where possible, then braided where needed from there.  But braided gets expensive, the fittings add up quickly…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.