This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Damian Jacka Damian Jacka 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Damian Jacka
    Damian Jacka
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m after some help here because I have absolutely no idea about this stuff.

I have a VH I got with an injected 5ltr already in it, now the motor has been completely rebuilt and my plan was to ditch the bananas and go carby style efi, but I believe in doing this it raises rego issue’s? I’m still yet to confirm this with my engineer but not only that my efi engine harness is a mess and I’m really not interested in dealing with it plus the idea of old school carby is growing on me, but what I’m not 100% sure on can this be done with ditching the efi harness and ecu completely and simply be just like a 308 setup?

Now I may sound like I’m stupid but I have very little understanding on ignition systems and distributors and how they work and the difference, but what I have is an MSD ready to run distributor which apparently suits 253 308 and 304’s so I’m guessing it can be run without an ecu? I really have no idea on what I need to do for this conversion so if anyone can give me some advice or info it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.