This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Georgie Georgie 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TUFGMH
    TUFGMH
    Participant
    Supporter

Search the members list sorted by newest members and you will find at least 20 bogus profiles pushing their blogs etc ;)

Profile photo of Georgie
    Georgie
    Participant

Hi there, sorry somehow this thread slipped past me! I have noticed a few and will go on a blocking spree tonight. However you can also click on ‘report members’ and I will get an email notification to block that person!

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

Don’t worry about the late reply, at least you noticed georgie :)

Probably 25 years sooner than some other forum admins over at…. (insert other commodore forum here)

Profile photo of Georgie
    Georgie
    Participant

:good:

Okay, I have deleted the better part of 50 spam users. Honestly I’m not sure how they are getting through because there are 3 different technologies implemented to try to discourage them, so I don’t know if they are bots or what.

Nonetheless I’ll try to keep a closer eye and go back through the list this weekend and do a more thorough check. Gary is back on Friday so we can have a chat about whether it’s necessary to revamp our spam filters!

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.