This topic contains 22 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Edelbrock1 Edelbrock1 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Pulled up some interesting info on the coupe 4 setup…

The mammoth task of actually developing Australia’s first low ride height AWD coupé has proven to be an engineering triumph for the relatively small, close-knit HSV development team.

“Lowering the ride height (from Avalanche wagon) changed the entire geometry of the front suspension – the roll centre, camber, toe settings, etc”, says HSV AWD Engineering Program Manager, Joel Stoddart.

“Correcting that meant designing a totally new lower control arm and steering knuckle assembly.

“At the rear it was a matter of fitting a current Coupé semi trailing arm and switching to 19 X 9-inch rear wheels (front are 19 X 8-inch) with a unique offset to maintain the correct wheel track,” commented Stoddart

As the low-ride version of Holden’s all-wheel drive system it uses different suspension components and geometry to the high-riding Adventra and Crewman off-roaders.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of Edelbrock1
    Edelbrock1
    Participant

yeah the Coupe4 is totally different to the Adventra.

My Coupe4 always felt like a go kart compared to the AWD CV8.  Only thing I could put it down to was the different suspension set up.  Looked into buying all the components to make it all Coupe4.  But from memory parts alone was well over $5k.  Then they had to be fitted.  I shelved the idea.  For that coin I could get a supercharger for it.

Profile photo of Edelbrock1
    Edelbrock1
    Participant

Oh the linear steering rack in the Coupe4 could have something to do with it too.  But I have a NOS one of those in the shed.  Just for that rainy day if I need it.  :)

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.