This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cookie cookie 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

hey all, here’s my latest project.

Name: which one?… cookie, bizkit, stayto, [st4to] stah-four-toh, [GR4NG3] gra-fourn-gee

Model: VX SS S2

Colour: Pantha Mica

Engine Type: ls1

Engine Mods: Cam & heads, oil pump, lifters, buckets, double row timing chain, the usual additions etc.

Power: 301rwkw – 13.4 on standard tires.

Exhaust: 4-1 Di Philippo headers, twin 2 1/4 exh, mufflers, cats and resi.

Gearbox: t-56 6 speed, xtreme hd ctutch

Diff: factory 3.45 lsd/ changing to 3.9 shortly

Suspension: monroe lowered shocks, ssl king springs (v6)

Wheels: Koya SF04 20″ 8.5 & 9″ f/b respectively

Brakes: stock

Interior: Coulson fronts, monaro rear. custom leather retrim throughout. dash, console, doors, gearboot, pillars, roof lining.

Stereo: Pioneer double din head unit, kicker 6″ splits front, 6×9 rears, mono & 4ch amp. x2 10″ pioneer subs

Other Mods: x4 leds in roof lining

Future Mods: install 3.9s, get some tires and try and crack a low 12.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

Hey guys, thought i’d pop back in to say g’day and post a few updates that have been going on.

Have purchased a few items to make it a bit better.

Xtreme HD clutch kit (soon to be installed)

SSL Springs all round (will get put in after we move, driveway now is a bit brutal)

latest purchase is a Ripshifter, i’ll try and get it done the same time as the clutch.

but, before all this happens I’ve been having fuel gauge issues. have pulled out the pump to get sent back for warranty (less than 1 year old and haven’t driven 1000km’s yet) still waiting on it to come back. fingers crossed it fixes the issue as i want to start driving it again without being hesitant on how far it can go without second guessing how far till empty :(

and yes, i found the float at the bottom of the tank. would explain a lot but wouldn’t manually move anyway.

and lastly maybe an idea on what i want it to look like ;)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    Profile photo of Strick
    Strick
    Participant
    Supporter

Coming along well, like the look of the VT GTS interior. Very retro haha!!

What reverse camera did you go with? Seperate screen or new rear view mirror.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Strick Strick.
    Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

haha, yeah it’s retro but it’s getting the snip one day. no one wants to buy it and i cant sell it so guess i keep it.

i used the gator licence plate mounted camera, purchased it separably cause the one that came with the head unit was too bulky. this fits snug and is hidden away under the garnish.

gator camera

Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

well it’s been a while since my last update; moved house, went to tassie, went to nz and had/having ups and downs with the car.
    but lets get into it;
    fitted the clutch, ripshift and springs; whole new car!
    clutch was cracked, lucky it got replaced before going to tasmania!

shifter took some getting used to but now is far greater than factory.

i got a bit exited before c4c and tried my hand at some plastidip.

turned out not too bad but will get rid of it by new years, just wanted something different from everyone else :)

now having elec’ gremlins; car stalled whilst driving a few times down in tassie. getting lots of different opinions like alternator rooted, cracked wires, abs module, traction control module etc. replaced the battery but that didn’t do much either. something to look at over xmas.
    but thats my updates atm, no cash robbo  :XD:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

I’m not one for tacky stickers / plastic dip but that HRT scheme you did looks killer! Nice work mate.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Agreed, looks cool  :good:

Profile photo of [TUFFVQ]
    [TUFFVQ]
    Participant

Top work on that plastidip.

Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

cheers all. i’m removing the bonnet ‘dip cause it wasn’t as good as the sides. but was just bored and wanted to try something different to the ‘bonnet or roof only’ plastidip and i like being creative.
    there was a vy around town a few years ago that had a red stickered hrt style theme on his doors so why not try a subtle matte black vx style theme on mine.

Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

well bit of a smallish update, car’s been returned to a ‘stokish’ look that was planned to be shown at all holden day geelong. spent a good solid week getting it cleaned and anti-plastidipped, came out pretty good.

funny story #1 for the day: first was about the drive down…car decided to throw my morning to shit by blowing the illumination fuse in baccus marsh. Who the hell has ever blown one of those?!?..

racv got called out but no spare fuse for me. told to wait till it gets light to drive to autobarn (was currently 5:30am, a/b opened at 8:30) so sat in the dark till ok enough to drive back home and wait till i could get a new fuse then made my way to geelong.

story #2 – entered the car in original vt-vx-vu judging. there was about 4-5 other cars that i assume were in the same catagory but when it came to reading out the awards, and i quote..”there was no runner up vt-vx-vu original…well there was no best original either. i guess no one likes to keep them original any more”…they mustn’t have heard me yell out “the fuck!?” loud enough…
    went up to them afterwards to question them about it with another guy who had a vx calais. they said we’re sure we did it…its not on the sheet etc. bring your cars up and we’ll judge them again.
    took them up the front, one guy liked mine, another lady liked the other guys “cause she likes blue cars and only votes for them” so in the end it was suggested ‘flip a coin’.so we did.

runner up best original. got something in the end after all the hard work i guess.
    long, eventful day I wish to not repeat again…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of cookie cookie.
    Profile photo of [TUFFVQ]
    [TUFFVQ]
    Participant

Similar thing happened to me at the Melbourne All Holden day probably 5 years ago.

Except I won by default as no one else entered the category. It was like receiving the Maccas Encouragement Award at weekend footy.

Pretty dejecting – Can sympathise!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Similar thing happened to me at the Melbourne All Holden day probably 5 years ago. Except I won by default as no one else entered the category. It was like receiving the Maccas Encouragement Award at weekend footy. Pretty dejecting – Can sympathise!

LOL yeah it’s a bit “Special”…. think I’d have declined and left if it came down to a coin toss…

Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

Similar thing happened to me at the Melbourne All Holden day probably 5 years ago. Except I won by default as no one else entered the category. It was like receiving the Maccas Encouragement Award at weekend footy. Pretty dejecting – Can sympathise!

LOL yeah it’s a bit “Special”…. think I’d have declined and left if it came down to a coin toss…

fun update about that, the kid who got best has been bragging how he has the cleanest vx in victoria…saw him yesterday and tried to be all ‘matey’ with us. he walked off after not speaking to him for 5 minutes.
    some of his mates came past and checked my car out and agreed mines better by far. they also said he had been showboating his trophy at any opportunity he could.

Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

Evening guys. been a bit between drinks visiting here…car has had a bit of a transformation since I posted last, guess i’d best go through what has happened.

Re-did my interior. Went through lots of design changes but finally chose one.
    Coulson fronts, modified monaro rears, new door trims, custom roof lining with x4 downlights, leather wrapped dash, console, lid, shifter boot… almost too much to mention.

20″ koya SF04’s, 8.9& 9.5.

New painted f&r bars & roof.

Cam & headwork by Sass automotive, car made 301kw.

took the car to motorex and showed it off. had a grat day out. I’ll try and get a few more pictures up as i can.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Pics please (and welcome back!)

Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

tried uploading pics but files were too large.
    trying photbucket now but that is also full and i’m not paying to use a free service…

I will get them somehow

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Upload them to your Facebook, open the pic then right click and copy image address, paste that into the image box here, it’ll stay for 4 to 6 months.

Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

all good guys. clearing out the photo bucket account as we speak. will update the profile when i can :thumbs-up:

Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

ok update as promised.

Had the car at motorex earlier this year.

And the show I was building it to get ready for, All Holden Day Dandi.

after cam + heads

2nd time out at clader

Profile photo of cookie
    cookie
    Participant

and a couple of the trim after I finished it

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.