HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralSuspensionCoilovers for VS ute

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LF24
    LF24
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey I’m chasing a bit of info from a build thread that’s over on streetcommos

http://forum.streetcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=8588238

Im after some info on which exact BC coilovers were used and on a longshot which supplier they were purchased from?

i know some of the Nissan coilovers can be used but I’m unsure if they are Silvia struts or others.  Also I know OZ Racing do rebranded BC coilovers for commodores but I can’t get any answers out of Justjap through their email.

Cheers for the help!

Profile photo of Phire aka Gmfan
    Phire aka Gmfan
    Participant

Hi mate. I have bc br type coilovers but they still aren’t in. They are the ones designed for 04-06 Pontiac GTO. I ordered from the US and had them shipped to an address in New England then forwarded to me. Aus post offer a service from America now for businesses that wouldn’t normally ship outside of the 48 states.

Been waiting on various parts. Currently having an issue trying to fit up commodore cup solid camber tops to them. Once I get that sorted I’ll fit them. If you only intend on using them with stock style rubber/urethane top mounts then they are a bolt in proposition with the right sway link.

If you have any questions I’m happy to answer them. I’m Gmfan from SC forum btw.

Phire aka Gmfan
    Participant

I’ve heard of possibility of using s14/s15 coilover too but commodore runs a thicker threaded section at the top of the coilover than any other which is why I’m having bit of trouble with mine. If you went to a s14/s15 coilover they’d be thinner so although they might bolt to the knuckle you’d have to sort out how you bolt them to strut tower and also sway link will be all wrong so either go to a lower control arm pickup for sway bar or find some sort of link that will work with your setup. Food for thought.

Profile photo of LF24
    LF24
    Participant
    Supporter

Cheers for the info… Ended up picking up a set of brand new older pedders coilovers for a decent price.  They aren’t adjustable though so still might end up getting some BC racing ones.

Phire aka Gmfan
    Participant

I’ll put this info here just in case it’s useful to you later or anyone else thinking about going down this path.

Stock upper spring perch for the 04-06 GTO BC BR coilovers looks like this

Then the yellow part beside coilover is the bearing they come with and then your chosen ruber/urethane mount on top of the that using the assortment of nuts and washers. Now because i wanted solid tops and camber adjustment for the track i was choosing to delete that rubber top. I contacted justjap and they sent me these.

Obviously they are red but that doesn’t matter. What does matter is that the threaded part on top of the coilover is to suit standard tops so is M16 in size but the id of the spacer in those tops is i think 12-13mm. Not enough.

I’ve dropped coilovers, bearing tops/spring perch and my camber tops with all the collars/spacers to Grunt Performance who are going to drill the spacer out in the bearing plate/spring perch and then mill the top of the spacer down to the flanged part at the top. Then the camber tops will sit on top. In the pic below the bearing plates will sit obviously between the spring and the camber tops.

Sorry for the crappy light in the photos. Taken from mobile phone.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Hi mate. I have bc br type coilovers but they still aren’t in. They are the ones designed for 04-06 Pontiac GTO. I ordered from the US and had them shipped to an address in New England then forwarded to me. Aus post offer a service from America now for businesses that wouldn’t normally ship outside of the 48 states. Been waiting on various parts. Currently having an issue trying to fit up commodore cup solid camber tops to them. Once I get that sorted I’ll fit them. If you only intend on using them with stock style rubber/urethane top mounts then they are a bolt in proposition with the right sway link. If you have any questions I’m happy to answer them. I’m Gmfan from SC forum btw.

Hey I’m chasing a bit of info from a build thread that’s over on streetcommos http://forum.streetcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=8588238 Im after some info on which exact BC coilovers were used and on a longshot which supplier they were purchased from? i know some of the Nissan coilovers can be used but I’m unsure if they are Silvia struts or others. Also I know OZ Racing do rebranded BC coilovers for commodores but I can’t get any answers out of Justjap through their email. Cheers for the help!

I might be selling a set of pedders coilovers to suit vs commodore if your keen ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.