HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralDrivelineClutch for Blown LS1

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Red1m8 Red1m8 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SSN8TD
    SSN8TD
    Participant

I’ve been set on a tex Z grip for my vy ss when the blower is installed and the current clutch gives out (exedy) last night I stumbled across a twin plate mantic clutch that have had really good feedback and I can get one locally. Does anyone know much about these things or am I better sticking with the tried and tested Z grip?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Mantic Twin plate Any day of the week.

I I have their single plate in my daily. Whilst it is heavier the stock the pedal feel is great and it’s awsome to drive. Doesn’t mind the odd 6k side step also.

Profile photo of SSN8TD
    SSN8TD
    Participant

Sounds like I might have to give it a go, what are the advantages and disadvantages of running a twin plate to a single? better pedal feel?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Depends on the power you plan to put thru it.

Mates ttls1. 550rwkw needed a twin. The single couldn’t hold it.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

I’m running a npc heavy duty single plate in my r8 with 400 rwkw. Haven’t had any slippage issues yet & has good pedal feel. Previously had a textralia triple plate & couldn’t drive it on the street as the clutch was either on or off making hill starts challenging

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

i went a os giken twin plate in my build yet to really drive on it but i have notice relatively light pedal feel but one downside i have found clutch disengaged (on the pedal) twin plates can be pretty noisey i thought i might have stuffed something installing it but its normal from what ive found

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Chatter is normal for multi plate clutches.

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

I wouldn’t recommend a Z grip for a boosted car

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Red1m8 Red1m8.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.