HomeForumsGeneralNews & EventsCar Clubs – Club rego – WTF

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SouthRidge
    SouthRidge
    Participant

Diving head first into the taboo world of  a highly modified or compromised vehicles on club reg.

Ever drive to a car show and see some highly questionable modified cars on club reg and wonder what hoops they jumped through if any to get such privileges? Engineers Certs and RWC and what ever a club does for scrutinizing? Each club runs things a little different.

Whats your thoughts on the process drawing on experience from your own or someone you know of? Do you have/or lost a club rego/how many years/cars? What club are you with? Would you join one again/what would you do differently? And most importantly what would you consider a red flag when it comes to any car enthusiast club.

Key point is Club rego process and retaining it. Not really going into details of what they offer in terms of track days/discounts and social events.

Cheers

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Big crack down is about to happen. All these dodgy clubs and member will get caught and shafted eventually.

Then when they do get caught they need a roady to get registration again. So if they are modified. It’s only time.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

My uncle is a tech inspector here for the Chrysler club, he is anal about stuff, so I just assumed all clubs were.  Sounds like its not the case?  As my engineer literally once said to me, “Gary if your vehicle is involved in a major accident, I have to be able to stand up in a court of law and explain why I approved what I did”  I wonder where these club tech guys would stand if something went seriously wrong?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

It’s a quick money grab and then if shit hits fan they bail. But all other cars in the club get reemed also

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Whats the crackdown on? I shouldn’t have club reg cos i have a holley?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Over the top modified vehicles running club reg. Soon all modified vehicles with be subjected to wear a club reg plate that states modified.

Copper can see this. Pull u over and go over your mods etc if they aren’t engineered. You loose the plates.

Its to stop all these blokes with blowers out the bonnet etc scamming the club reg system. As well as blokes who daily drive their club reg vehicle and don’t fill out log books

I honestly don’t see a problem with it, well the modified part.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

The way it stands now I could get the Lexcen on club plates… it’s a bit of a joke.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

The way it stands now I could get the Lexcen on club plates… it’s a bit of a joke.

Then you could take me for a spin LOL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.