HomeForumsGeneralThe Pool RoomBest Trade these days?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Slow355 Slow355 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

So back 35 odd years ago I did a radio Electronics trade, hated every minute of it, so got into drafting as soon as I could. At the time Fitting and Turning was a great trade, and always seemed to be in demand, but these days things are a lot different.  Seems Electricians are always in demand.  Whats the best trade nowadays?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Plumbers

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

Would say carpentry as you usually have long term work, ie one house will give you months of work but for a plumber or sparky maybe a week or so.  Not to mention carpentry only one step away from becoming a builder. Advantage of plumber and sparky is that can get good coin on wages, carpentry wages is shite.

My engine builders guys who were all skilled trades, not sure what they were called, were on less than i pay my labourers, not much coin in mechanical trade any more. Unless you are the actual boss. My old man was a mechanic, but was a cheif mechanic for a race team at Bathurst and forged his whole business from it, did well enough to send me to private school etc etc. If your good at it there is money in it i guess.

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.