This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of OZ38 OZ38 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of OZ38
    OZ38
    Participant

I have a VY V6 ute which until tonight has not given any bad electrical issues. Left work, travelled home (80 odd k’s). Hopped out & went to lock her up, but nothing happened, thought I must be pressing the wrong button or not hard enough. Kept trying but nothing would happen, no flash of lights, noises or clicks etc. Thought the keys battery must have suddenly died or something like that. Grabbed the spare key set & found the same issue, no response from the remote buttons. Got back in & car starts & runs fine, just wont lock doors or unlock. Works with turning the key in the door lock to unlock or lock, but nothing happens using the buttons.

So after some lengthy googling, the opinions lean towards the BCM is dying. Some saying that if not replaced asap the disarming of the immobilizer function could go next & leave me stranded.

Is this the case ?

If I get a new replacement BCM, it will need linking to my keys & my PCM/ECU wont it ? Which cause I live in a small town will required a trip to the city  (Perth) for someone to do the install & linking up I presume ?

Cheers

Deek

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

You’re probably best off talking to Tazzi on the PCMhack forum, he’s knows his way around these problems and he has software that can link bcm/pcm/keys etc.

Profile photo of OZ38
    OZ38
    Participant

Yeah it’s strange because this morning I go outside & the key remote opens & closes the doors just fine.

No issues. It worries me though that the BCM might be giving me a warning before it total shits the tin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.