This topic contains 30 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Found a bumper, it’s a VH one, but still heaps better than the bent twisted one that was on it!

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Worked on the back end today,

fitted new upper and lower trailing arm bushes, adjustable panhard, new sway bar bushes, lowered springs and shocks. Rebuilt calipers and new rotors and new handbrake cable.

Went to bleed the brakes and stripped a bleeder nipple, couldn’t find one today so will have to source one during the week.

Just need to replace the tyres now and it’s finished and time to start on the front

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Very nice work mate, good progress.  Best thing I did if you haven’t already is buy a set of split ring spanners for brake nipples.  No more rounding them off…

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Thanks mate, was using the correct tools, the thread failed on the bleeder :wacko:

All good, sorted a new bleeder today and it fits in the caliper and tightens, which wasn’t happening before!!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No worries mate, sorry wasn’t meaning to infer you weren’t using them btw, I only found about them not that long ago :)  Nice to see an old girl like this being brought back to life :good:

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Found an SLE rear bumper, it’s off a VH and the rubber has had it, but it’s there!!

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Pulled the front end out today, painted up the inner guards, taking the struts to work tomorrow to pull apart with my vice and Spring compressors, got all new bushes for the front, lowered King springs and new strut inserts. Then sort out the brakes!

looking at putting VT brakes on the front for when the LS goes in there’s one less thing to do! I already have to change the master anyway seeing as I have a disc brake rear now and don’t want to do things twice.

I bought a VH sle interior for $150 (front and rear seats, 4 door trims, headlining and interior lights) so slowly been gathering bits to change over the interior, it’s Blue and in really good nick, so a whole color change inside. And now I have to paint it as well, Red outside with blue inside will annoy me

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

I went the vt brake upgrade on my vs ute, it will definitely make a difference on your vb.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Highly recommend doing the Vt booster and Master swap along with the Vt Breaks. That makes the biggest difference.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea I went VT booster/master.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Went VZ Booster/Master on mine, it’s a huge upgrade on the VY combo so I’m guessing better than the VT..

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.