This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Narva*2010 Narva*2010 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vkbt1
    Vkbt1
    Participant

hey guys

Thought I would start a fresh thread over here rather than try and update my old one on sc as its pretty much dead over there now.

Name: Aaron

Car: 1985 vk

Engine: Black 308, Rebored block, acid dipped, resized rods, ground crankshaft, engine balanced.
    Vn heads ported and polished
    Flat top pistons
    Torque power manifold
    Powerbond harmonic balancer
    rebuilt and modified quadrajet carby
    Clive cam
    Crow cam hydrualic lifters
    Crow cam heavy duty valve springs
    Crow cam heavy duty pushrods

Transmission:  3 speed trimatic  fully manualised

Diff: reco borg warner lsd with 4:11 diff gears

Interior: custom gauge dash but pretty much stock.

Custom mods: battery in boot, custom boot install.

Will chuck some pics up soon.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Vkbt1 Vkbt1.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Vkbt1 Vkbt1.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Vkbt1 Vkbt1.
    Profile photo of Vkbt1
    Vkbt1
    Participant

Only have a couple of early photos of when I first got it as the laptop which had all the pics crashed many years ago and I lost the lot.

When I started to strip it down

All primed up ready for paint

Back from being painted

Engine bay has changed a little since this pic was taken.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Vkbt1 Vkbt1.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Vkbt1 Vkbt1.
    Profile photo of Vkbt1
    Vkbt1
    Participant

Not a very good pic but what it looks like now

Will get it out and take some better pics when I get some time.

Profile photo of MuntedL98
    MuntedL98
    Participant
    Supporter

Looking tidy mate, how long have you owned her for ?
    Curious about that colour, not quite sure if I like it, would love to see some pictures of it out in the sun ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Vkbt1
    Vkbt1
    Participant

Cheers mate

I’ve had the car for 12 years and ill keep it till the day I die. I’ve spent way to much to sell it and I’d like to give it to my son when he’s old enough.

The colour is regency blue metallic which is a gmh colour but unsure which model it came out on. And It has a purple pearl over the top of it which really pops when it’s in the sun.

im waiting for some good weather to get her out and take some decent pics but the wether is all over the place here in vic at the moment lol.

Profile photo of Darren
    Darren
    Participant

top work, rather dramatic transformation from it’s humble beginnings – I like the colour too
    you said in the description that you fit a Quadrajet, but picture of the engine bay looks like a Holley ?

I’ll also be hanging onto my VH until they bury me ;) I can totally relate

Profile photo of Vkbt1
    Vkbt1
    Participant

top work, rather dramatic transformation from it’s humble beginnings – I like the colour too you said in the description that you fit a Quadrajet, but picture of the engine bay looks like a Holley ? I’ll also be hanging onto my VH until they bury me ;) I can totally relate

yep your right dazz that pic does have the holley on it but that was a couple of years ago, I only put the quaddy on it a couple of months ago. Reason for the change is the holley was way to small for the engine. First start up with the quaddy and you could hear the difference it made and with the test drive it had so much more go.

Still yet to have it tuned properly but that will come when I get some free time.

Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria
    • C63 Amg/ Mk4 golf gti/ Ml w163 320 Mercedes Amg pack/ Audi a4 Quattro turbo man/ Wh gen 3/ Vt Calais/ Porsche boxter S / Ba futura (soon to have turbo xr6 motor)/ 2006 RX8

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looks great mate … That colour suits the VK lines well !!!

What kind of wheels are they ??

If you don't believe in something .... You'll fall for anything

Profile photo of Vkbt1
    Vkbt1
    Participant

Thanks Lucas

There 18 x 7.5 inch inox r1 There the biggest I could go without modding the back wheel arches. Not a bad looking rim and has a tiny bit of dish which is what I wanted.

Profile photo of Darren
    Darren
    Participant

top work, rather dramatic transformation from it’s humble beginnings – I like the colour too you said in the description that you fit a Quadrajet, but picture of the engine bay looks like a Holley ? I’ll also be hanging onto my VH until they bury me ;) I can totally relate

yep your right dazz that pic does have the holley on it but that was a couple of years ago, I only put the quaddy on it a couple of months ago. Reason for the change is the holley was way to small for the engine. First start up with the quaddy and you could hear the difference it made and with the test drive it had so much more go. Still yet to have it tuned properly but that will come when I get some free time.

good move – Quadrajet a very underrated carb. Better than the Holley IMO
    I had a nicely setup Quaddy on my previous Vh 308.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

+1 for the quadrajet, a great carby. Lovely car mate, nice work :)

Profile photo of Narva*2010
    Narva*2010
    Participant
    Supporter

More pics please

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.