This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,421 through 1,440 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Started getting the Big Engine ready to install, spent hours looking for a rubber dust cover I’d cut down for the front driveshaft…bzzz no joy, I bet it’s somewhere”safe” off to town to get a piece of hose to sub in..

Chucking a fresh set of plugs in as it’s been awhile, last time I ran it I was seeing a Lean condition so I wound a bit more base fuel pressure in, plugs are perfect I can leave it set as is!

Profile photo of

Ended up buying an 1980 LandCruiser radiator hose for this piece, about 30mm long, it serves a purpose other than sealing, the car the transfer case came out of has a live axle so that end of the shaft provides the plunge, I use a plunge type CV joint so you can’t have both.. this limits the shafts movement.

Another couple of hours fiddling, the knock sensor wiring was way too close to the Headers… little bracket fixed that, routed most of the engine harness.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep, getting close now mate…

Profile photo of

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now!  :good:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

That’s a great feeling!

Profile photo of

It’s been an interesting build, I’ve learnt a lot along the way so that’s always a good thing!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Never stop learning hey.  Its also nice sometimes to stop and look back and see how much you have done, you sort of can forget sometimes the progress you have made, all you see is all that’s in front of you :good:

Profile photo of

Yeah for sure, every single nut and bolt has been undone/done up, nothing has been untouched on this one!

I’m getting security warnings for the Site, is the certificate out of date?

———————————————–

This is why I didn’t push in yesterday with the engine install, spent the entire morning on details, ready to go in now after lunch!

All the plugs were the same so I’m happy with the tune!

Profile photo of

Well that was a bit if a day, this is the first times it’s all been together complete, in hindsight I should have cut more of the car away then built structure into it, things are tight..

Only “oops” was while I was being extra careful bringing the two together I didn’t realise how close the thumb nuts on the Fuel pressure sensor were to the wiring, of course I snapped one off flush with the sensor.. DOH.

When I removed the inspection panel I noticed how I’d mounted the BCM was a perfect way to introduce engine bay heat straight inside it as I’d made a couple of aluminium spaces and through bolted it to Nutserts in the cover… DOH x2, quick mod and it’s now isolated.

Wasn’t going to drop the engine out for that so finished bolting it in then removed the broken sensor through the inspection panel inside the car.

Figured it’s broken anyway I can’t make it worse so linished off the plastic to access the wires inside, soldered a couple of short wires on, heatshrink then epoxied the cap back on, tested it with the compressor and multimeter, whoo hoo!

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Looking good Ian ,, did you get out the funk when you made the bracket

Profile photo of

Thanks Frazer, more than likely I got the Tourette’s out  ;-)

—————————————————–

Took a couple of hours to unfuck the Fuel pressure sensor and get it back in, there’s very limited space to work in there, I connected the big battery cables plumbed the rest of the fuel system and installed my Trans catch can.

Fitted the Gear shifter and ran the cable through some heatsleeve and adjusted it, also bolted the rear end in along with Stumpy the tailshaft, Alternator and Blower belt to finish up.

Profile photo of

Another longer than expected day, details take time… Plugged the rear wheel speed sensors in then installed the exhaust and rear Coilovers, then I moved on to fitting the Rod End boots, a bit time consuming but they’re done!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Excuse the french mate but fuck that looks good.

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, I’m pretty happy how it’s going back together!

As always there’s things I’d like to have done differently but none are show stoppers at this point..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Super well thought out…

Profile photo of

I’m Tipping thought to work would be around 4:1 on this project, the plague has done me a favour as there’s no rush at all to finish it so I can take more time than I normally would..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Good to know the world going to hell in a hand basket is not all bad…

Profile photo of

Removed the Bluetooth Axles and fitted up the Hardware ones, Rear brakes and hoses and tidied up the routing, installed the Rear Diffuser, will go back down after lunch and do a bit more.

Profile photo of

Continue to be amazed at how much area a Car takes up when it’s in pieces and how Compact it ends up back together..

Bolted the Front Diff and prop shaft up then the Steering Rack and front Suspension, spent many hours fitting the Rod End boots and bolted the Bash plate on for show..

Profile photo of

Short day, bolted up all the Front and Rear Suspension, did the Front Axle Hub nuts with the big rattle gun, it took ALL the Ugga Duggas!

Installed my Front Sway Bar, Brakes and Wheelspeed sensors.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,421 through 1,440 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.