This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

There’s a couple of sayings that spring to mind… “A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing” or ” You don’t know what you don’t know” either one works…

In this case I didn’t fully understand the function that the strakes in the diffuser perform so made a couple of blunders when I built it..

Was researching last night and came up with a fix that meant I saved the material and the bulk of the work already done.

I thought (and it’s apparently a common misconception) that the strakes straightened the air on exit, bzzz wrong, they’re meant to change the velocity of the air and in turn the pressure at the back of the car so need to be angled in at the front..

I present Diffuser v2.0..

Profile photo of

OK, spent the last 5 hours fixing 40+ pages of broken image links…

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Good work mate.

Profile photo of

<span style=”color: #1c1e21; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>Fitted up my new Hans compatible harness..</span>

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

But did you sit in it and make broom broom noises?

Profile photo of

Of course!

Having the Easter break off at the moment the build is therapy to get through the 19 shit, my feeling is we have a few more months to go so no reason to rush things..

Profile photo of

Sway bars arrived, whoo hoo,

22mm for Autocross and a 24mm for Tarmac, both have 4 adjustment holes so I should be able to tune for any condition or behaviour..

Profile photo of

As I can’t use the stock plastic Bumper mounts I had to make up some aluminium ones, I found with the Lexcen if you undo and tighten them a few times it flogs out the holes in the fibreglass, I made a pair for each bumper so they can stay bolted up.

Got my Bars today, tomorrow will be Big Black Flaps day, my supplier for the seat dropped the ball badly so I’m having to source it from another company..

Profile photo of

Front BBF’s done, when I did the Lexcen I made really intricate stainless steel mounts that took days to finish, part of the evolution is I saw how everyone else had done em, simple and effective so that’s what I did, I mounted them on the same angle as the rears will be.

Also decided to see WTF was going on with the peeling stone guard on the drivers side sill, lazy fucking panel beaters again, they did a skim coat of filler then blew stone guard and paint over the top, of course it rusted underneath and the stone guard fell off..

I hit it with some rust converter after sanding the worst of the rust off, once it’s gone off I’ll blow some Etch Primer over it before paint and stone guard..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice work mate, the bumper mounts look great.  That dimple tool makes things look semi factory and so neat.

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, yeah agreed, strength and a weight reduction can only be a good thing!

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

yeah a lot of lazy people don’t do the etch primer/sealer and then 2pac primer bit to save time and money, thinking you wont see it for a while and not go back to complain.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Great work Ian love it can’t wait to hear and see it go

just no body look up BBF’s it could lead to the wrong place

Profile photo of

yeah a lot of lazy people don’t do the etch primer/sealer and then 2pac primer bit to save time and money, thinking you wont see it for a while and not go back to complain.

Some people have no pride in their work, even after grinding the filler back I’m not seeing any damage, guessing it was a way to pad a bill at the time..

Great work Ian love it can’t wait to hear and see it go just no body look up BBF’s it could lead to the wrong place

LoL, could be very bad… Hard bars one day big black flaps the next..

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey Ian could I get away with the engine at 4.5-5.0 degrees taking the spacers out has screwed everything  gearbox hit tunnel so unless I start cutting tunnel ,, cheers

Profile photo of

Hey Ian could I get away with the engine at 4.5-5.0 degrees taking the spacers out has screwed everything gearbox hit tunnel so unless I start cutting tunnel ,, cheers

5 would be my absolute limit Frazer, things start getting a bit funky after that…

Profile photo of

Big Black Flaps day#2

Took a bit of thinking but I’m happy with the results.

Also primed and blew some stoneguard on the sill but it’s far too cold here for it to go off, will wait for a warmer day and blow some more on..

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Cheers Ian

I see you have been flapping about :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Profile photo of

LoL, yeah and they don’t look as arse as expected!

Probably leave em on for all events..

Profile photo of

Had to move the 36 off the hoist as the Tonner is throwing O2 codes again…

Chucked the autocross wheels and tyres on, doesn’t suck nearly as much as I thought it would with the bodywork set up for the big semi slicks..

Put the known good sensors from the Lexcen in after checking wiring and fuses, fixed, I did find some broken brittle insulation on the wiring extensions so taped that up for now..

The cheap O2 sensors weren’t such a good buy back in March.. doh

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.