This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

You have a rather large…..wing ;-)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

lol, mostly Camera angle, it’s not that big really, much smaller than the Lexcen wing and about 1/3 the weight!

Profile photo of

Went from CBF’d at 6am to spending the entire day down there without a break… Progress is good but damn you OCD…

Last pic is the supplied hardware, I think you can see why I was disappointed in the purchase..

Profile photo of Vsl98
    Vsl98
    Participant

The supplied bracket looks like poor  quality

Vsl98

Profile photo of

It was absolute junk, there’s no way I’d have used it…

The wing was probably the oldest thing on my to do list, glad it’s ticked off now..

Profile photo of

Shit that plays on my OCD, small “detail” I know but much happier now it’s sorted. (spot the change)

Heard back from the Tyre place they’re sending a replacement, took em a week and it was looking not so good but they came through..

Thought about what Allan asked the other day so while I was under the Tonner checking the exhaust bolts I dropped the bash plate and had a look at the engine mounts, all good and being fluid filled it’s easy to see when they let go..

Have made up my mind I’m really liking how the BMW looks, have been a bit undecided but the wing finishes the concept, also another reason for the wing height is so I could open the boot, lower and it was going to hit so would have to be set further back which increases the chance of writing it off in a minor off..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Love it, extra angle position holes in the wing mount?

Profile photo of

LOL nope, compare pic 1 and 2..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nope, these old eyes can’t spot it!!

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

LOL nope, compare pic 1 and 2..

Brackets trimmed that’s what my ocd would be looking at ,have you reinforced under the boot lid can not see in photo, but it look big

Profile photo of

Bingo Frazer, couldn’t do much in the way of reinforcement, that’s why the footings are so big to spread the load a bit..

There’s a fine line between strength and weight, the Lexcen wing was bigger/heavier and didn’t have issues but I’ll keep a close eye on it.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Cool, with that last pick I agree, its looking like a very nice race car.

Profile photo of

I was leaning towards more GT3 looks but the retro look works with the wing, pretty happy!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

You going to paint it?  Lots of themes to choose from for racing beemers….

Profile photo of

I bought a few litres of the stock colour, I’ll just paint where its needed and the new bumpers, I thought about doing a livery but it’s just too much work for an autocross car that constantly rubs things..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea fair call. I used to say to Matt if it doesn’t make it faster I am not doing it…

Profile photo of

Pretty much my idea on this one as well Gary, stuff I don’t put on saves weight and any paint needs to be easily repairable, I got a bit extra mixed in case of loss of talent!

—————————————–

Went down to make a start on the Bumper mounts, original plan was to remake them in aluminium but as they double as tow points they would’ve ended up just about as heavy if a made them strong enough..

Looked at the stock pieces and being 8kph impact Bumpers they have the shocker built in, cut em down so they’re just mounts and welded the sliders, have to go get some material to finish them.

Profile photo of

And home… Again

What a debacle that turned into, listening to the traffic report on the radio I hear the M80 has an accident that’s closed 2 lanes, 2km from the scene with no chance of escape, 45 minutes later I’ve done the remaining 1km and of course there’s NOTHING THERE…

Hit all my stops, end up buying a much bigger off cut of aluminium than I need as they don’t have any others (if anyone needs any or anything made hit me up I have plenty) , head back and laugh at all of the inbound traffic still bumper to bumper at walking pace 2 hours later..

Stop at Macca’s Calder for a McIcedcoffee and a McDonut then head back, get to Carlshrue and another traffic jam, some guy on a Repsol Honda has somehow managed to take the front end off on the straightest part of the freeway… Saw the ambulance heading out as I got back to Kyneton to refuel..

Profile photo of

Both clubs have suspended competition until the Virus thing settles down, this has removed any and all completion pressure for the BMW build, having said that I’ll plod along as I have been and get it done, just in case anyone was wondering how I transfer it from the Trolley to the Hoist..

Profile photo of

Replacement tyre for the SCoupe arrived, fitted it up and balanced it, also flipped the damaged one on the rim it can do as a spare..

Trolly fullOitchy… really don’t like glass panels..

Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.