This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Big day was Big, woke at 3am and my brain booted up, I had an idea in mind for the LCA mounts based on using the factory subframe, it was a bit complex but was the only way it would work, fast forward and I’m now building a custom subframe..

Yet another trip to Bendigo, traded in the bolts I’d bought to do it the other way collected some steel and supplies then headed for the donut truck that was at the park, dropped into chat to Craig, he passed on the donuts so 6 for brunch was about my limit, figured I better burn em off so got stuck into the LCA mounts….boring boring boring… Many holes!

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

ooohhh what kind of donuts B-)   B-)

Profile photo of

Hot jam donuts  :yes:

Profile photo of Vsl98
    Vsl98
    Participant

They from the park in kangaroo flat

Vsl98

Profile photo of

That’s the one  :yes:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I actually bought the boys at work a mixed dozen from Krispy Kreme Friday, must be something in the air :)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of

mmm donuts… is the nothing they can’t do aglhhh (Homer Drool)

Profile photo of

Done for the day, brackets done now with added lightness!

Profile photo of

Made a start on the LCA mounts today, of course it’s nothing like what I’d planned to build… Car had other ideas, lots in the way of plan X, geometry is good and it’ll be as strong as a very strong thing..

Profile photo of

Figured out the other LCA mount location, started on some gussets for the front mount beam then ran out of Mig wire.. DOH thought I had another spool of .9 there, guess where I’m off to.. also made the LCA baseplates, will cut them down and lighten them as I go.

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

IJ your work reminds of a fb page I use to frequent no more cause I don’t have access. This bloke does custom chassis work. Called Disguyz customs very neat stuff. If Mick gets the folding stuff together he could build my VF ute into a Tonner!!

Profile photo of

Had a quick look Mick, his work is awesome, mine is “functional” because RaceCar  ;-)

There’s no reason for me to do pretty when the car can end wadded up into a ball of scrap at any moment…

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

“when the car can end wadded up into a ball of scrap at any moment”

Lets hope not mate!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep, let’s not talk about that!!

Profile photo of

Shit happens guys, the 240z was the last pretty car I built, with how my race cars get driven there’s a better than even chance of it happening so I’m a realist..

——————————-

Spent the morning resurrecting a pair of tyres for the rear of the Tonner after Craig pointing out the rear right was getting down, figure I’ll chew up a bunch that were replaced early and still had life left.

Yep I was right, gonna need to trim them a touch… ;-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I’m gonna just say it, I dont really know what I am looking at, or what needs to be trimmed!! :hmm:

Profile photo of

And of course the LCA and the Steering Arm want the same space around full lock… DOH, had to go to the supermarket so dropped by to see our local cage builder, I got him to bend me up 4 pieces of tube, disaster averted..

Profile photo of

I’m gonna just say it, I dont really know what I am looking at, or what needs to be trimmed!!

That’s the bottom of the Strut where the control arm will bolt up, the big square plate will be the pointy end of the arm  ;-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thank you Obi Wan!!

Profile photo of

Today’s Issue, the LCA mounts need to go in a very specific place in space to work how I want, it has to be relative to the front mounts and I want a 10mm drop to give it a touch of antidive under brakes..

Add to this there are a few obstacles in the way and nothing “easy” to locate from it’s had me thinking.. 4am Brain solved it then went back to sleep leaving it to 8am Brain to make reality..

I built a jig that locates off the front LCA mounts, this will allow me to build out to the car utilizing the existing BMW mounting holes as it needs to be removable to get the engine in/out, second pic is a rough proof of concept on the LCA’s.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.