HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralCar Audio & ElectricsAutometer Water Temp Guage – VR

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi all, I am not that trustworthy of my factory water temp gauge and so I am thinking of running a separate Autometer one.  If I do just trying to work out the best way to hook it up.  Currently, I have the water snout on the Mezierre water pump drilled and tapped and the factory sender fitted to the original wiring.

Would it be best to leave all that alone and run a separate sender somewhere and wiring back to the gauge, or maybe tap into the gauge feed on the cluster to the Autometer gauge?

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

How about putting one of those Scan Gauge units in along with the 3D holder you designed? would look heaps neat and give you a lot more functionality.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Did cross my mind, but I like the look of how I have it all set up now.  The temp gauge is going in the air vent pod on the right I designed/sell.  It’s not like an advert for Build Ninja stuff, but I do think its good people can see how it all looks.  And I do like old school gauges.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey Gary I would splice in the factory one then at least you can see what the factory reading is hope that make sense

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

The factory position is in the head at the front on the passenger side.

There is another spot at the rear of the drivers side head.

Use either of those 2 spots for the most accurate readings.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

The factory position is in the head at the front on the passenger side. There is another spot at the rear of the drivers side head. Use either of those 2 spots for the most accurate readings.

Hey Gary I would splice in the factory one then at least you can see what the factory reading is hope that make sense

Maybe I leave the one I have where it is, then pick up at the front of the passenger head.  That way I still run both gauges  :good:

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

The factory position is in the head at the front on the passenger side. There is another spot at the rear of the drivers side head. Use either of those 2 spots for the most accurate readings.

Maybe I leave the one I have where it is, then pick up at the front of the passenger head. That way I still run both gauges

Is it worth hooking a gauge up temporarily to compare the readings and leave the factory one if it’s working properly? Just an idea to try and keep it a little more factory inside…. Gauge addiction is real haha

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thats this one right Cav?

Profile photo of Renno
    Renno
    Participant

Correct Garry.

For reference, I’m running the factory sensor in that location and then my Autometer sensor is going into the drivers side head with a small conversion fitting.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Cheers, yes I will just leave the one I have where it is, no sense in changing it then will go with the Autometer there then.  Thanks all.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

The one u have circled is for the ecu.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.