HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralInterior & TrimAutometer Gauge Lighting.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of OZ38 OZ38 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of OZ38
    OZ38
    Participant

Questioning the lighting provided by the stock bulbs for the Autometer 2.1/16″ Gauges. In my case the white faced / black numbering / red pointer Ultralite Pro Comps . I have tried them with the little coloured plastic covers in green, then swapped those out for blue LED’s that I picked up from JayCar. My opinion so far is at night they are shit for seeing anything on the gauge apart from the red needle position. As they are not back-lite gauges they rely on the outer surround to provide the light.

Was now thinking of trying the genuine Autometer green LED’s in the hope they are much brighter than the stock bulbs with green covers over the top.

Anyone have any experience with these Autometer LED’s ? At $29 each they are not cheap if I find them no better than what I have already tried.

Or should I just go with stock bulbs & no coloured covers for maximum brightness ?

Trouble is they really look out of place compared to the stock green lighting VS Level 3 dash in the VS Commy.

Cheers

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I put $2 wedge led’s in mine. Much nicers

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of OZ38
    OZ38
    Participant

The blue led wedge ones from jarcar were only $2 each as well. But still not the right colour for my old eyes at night, it seems to dull still. Might try the red ones.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Get white. Not blue.

Profile photo of OZ38
    OZ38
    Participant

Get white. Not blue.

Ok will give them a crack next.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.