HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralDrivelineAnyone know the fitting type for 4l60e?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Hi guys wanted to redo my trans lines in my vs 4l60e. I want to run all speed pro fittings black and black braided lines..

Does anyone know the fitting types that go into the side of the gearbox by any chance? So I can order them.

Also looking at use these speed pro type fittings that click apart like an air line fitting.

http://motorsports.jiffy-tite.com/

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^yep that’s what I had, from memory mine were quite close to the side of the tunnel by the time you add the bulk of the fittings even with 90 degrees, not sure you would get the quick connects on there unless I guess you put them at the cooler end or at the end of a small section of hose to bring them where you can get at them.

Profile photo of

I just use a pair of joiners half way along the hoses that way you can loop the ends if you need to drop the Trans.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^yea good plan.

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

i’ve actually got a spare set of the Aeroflow transmission fittings. in the shed if your interested, i bought 2 packs didn’t realize they came in packs of 2, so there brand new and unused

and yes they come VERY close to the Trans Tunnel

if anyone needs aeroflow fittings, i have heaps left over from my VS, will get a list up in the next day or 2, there’s an assortment of bents, hardline adapters, reducers etc. all fittings are Black, I’ll post the list in the proper for sale section

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Thanks guys thats why I love this forum so much on point advice appreciate it…… If clearance is that much of an issue now i think of it I really dont need them from the box. Ideally would be to add fittings to the existing metal hard lines near the sump run it from there but dont even know if thats possible?

Profile photo of

Thanks guys thats why I love this forum so much on point advice appreciate it…… If clearance is that much of an issue now i think of it I really dont need them from the box. Ideally would be to add fittings to the existing metal hard lines near the sump run it from there but dont even know if thats possible?

Not sure if anyone makes a compression fitting to suit the Metric hardlines, I found using a 90 off the AN adaptor you can angle the lines in towards the Trans case and it works fine.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Not sure if anyone makes a compression fitting to suit the Metric hardlines, I found using a 90 off the AN adaptor you can angle the lines in towards the Trans case and it works fine.

Yea same here, its close but fine, I just meant if you added the quick connects I reckon you would be in trouble.

Profile photo of

At one point I was just using the stock hardlines cut off where they go horizontal and bubble flared their ends , hose and clamps, the cooler line is a low pressure bypass so it was fine, added the AN fittings for ease of use when I was playing musical transmissions, agree the quick disconnects aren’t going to work in there..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.