This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi, I want to but a general Helicoil kits, its something I have been thinking about getting for a while as a bit of insurance in the shed in case I strip anything.

I am looking at metric only, and thought maybe the most cost effective idea would to be a buy a general purpose kit so I had from say M5 up to M10 or so.

I know there are different brands other than just Helicoil, but it seems the kits range in price from $50 up to $275.  Something drew me to this one, any one have an experience, its not something I will be using often, just something I want to work though if I ever need it?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Big kit seems like a cheap way to do it, I’ve been buying individual kits over the years as needed and have lost count of what I’ve spent… (it’s LOTS by comparison)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea that’s what I was thinking, looked to me like you pay a little more to get a kit with good taps ect, but not so many inserts.  But tbh I dont see myself using that many, its just something I wanted in the shed just in case.  And lets face it a man can never have too many tools :yes:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 12 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Yea that’s what I was thinking, looked to me like you pay a little more to get a kit with good taps ect, but not so many inserts. But tbh I dont see myself using that many, its just something I wanted in the shed just in case. And lets face it a man can never have too many tools

“He who dies with the most toys Wins” :XD:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

“He who dies with the most toys Wins”

My Dad literally has a sign of that hanging up on the wall of his shed :)

Apparently the family folk lore is my Grandad was sitting at his mother in-laws, apparently she said to my Nana, “Archie will never amount to anything, he spends all his money on tools and books” :good:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.