HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVN – VP – VR – VS91 VN SS Alpine White Manual Pwr Pack (Pic Heavy)

This topic contains 121 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Renno
    Renno
    Participant

Big fan of the Walkys mate  :good:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice pics, looks  a great cruise.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Once again, been almost a year between updates :knock: but 2018 has been huge! Done alot of traveling this year Thailand, Jindabyne/Snow, Hervey Bay/Fraser island, Central Coast, Canberra and drove 12+ hours to Adelaide to pick up a car stay the night and drive 12 hours home again hahaha

So yer drove to SA to pick up this VH that has had an injected 5ltr fitted but not wired up, always wanted one and this come up reasonably cheap and was the right combo so jumped on it! Needs a little bit of work but is a long term project at the moment.

While I was down there went and saw TK and picked up my crank and rods that he was kind enough to hold on to for over a year

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Next was a quick cruise down the coast again to Coledale, such a good drive through the Nasho

Shed Growing

The car developed a bad knock in the rear end when going over bumps, turned out the shocks were proper fucked so decided to give it some love and put some actual lowered springs in it aswell while I was there

Sits better and drives/rides 10x better, I dare say they were the original shocks still, now just need to do the front

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Had a little Peter Brock memorial cruise to the mountain

This was pretty cool, went pretty good aswell for a standard VT 5ltr

There was a white VR GTS there with the cloth devonish interior, if anyone knows of some for sale Let me know Please! :yup:

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

And Finally! Pissed off the yellow plates, and before anyone asks GTR are my initials hahaha, I know it will probably confuse some people but don’t care they look 100x better then the yellow shit

And taking my OCD to the next level the number plate protectors have writing on them, so had to get rid of that hahaha

And just on the weekend we had a our Injected5ltr Christmas Cruise to Caves beach, was a good turnout for a hot day

Also managed to have the three VN SS colours together

Merry Christmas :)

Profile photo of Renno
    Renno
    Participant

Nice pickup with the VH mate! The SS looks as good as ever too!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Awesome pics buddy, thanks for sharing, looks like you have been living the dream!!  You have an early girl leaving SA, I am about to have mine coming here  :good:

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

I almost sent you a message when we were on our way down, but had a pretty tight deadline on the trip

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I almost sent you a message when we were on our way down, but had a pretty tight deadline on the trip Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

All good, one day…

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

So again it’s been quite awhile between posts… but I’ll update on what’s been happening over the year and a half.

V6 Daily was running out of rego and needed more money then it was worth to fix it and was wanting a ute, a week or so looking around a 99 VS S3 factory Manual ute popped up on FB market place that a young bloke was selling cheap, V8, Ute, with rego perfect!

Exterior is rough but didn’t care cause I wanted to be able to throw dog/tools/dirt/whatever in it, take it to the river/farm and not have to worry about it getting scratched.

Being 99 S3 it has the 179kW Roller motor

Had the typical breather hoses broken and smelling like fumes

Some Hi-tech hose clamps I found holding on the fuel supply/return/breather hoses :cower:

Fully Sick sub woofer holes!!!

With the absolute butchered wiring to match…

Had a panel beating mate come and unpick the rear firewall and weld in a new one from a donor ute at the wreckers

Put some Dynamat down that I had laying around

Purchased a $80 shifter off ebay to piss off the shit house factory Getrag setup that makes you feel like you are stiring a bowl of soup trying to find a gear…

And just tried to unfuck all the things the young bloke touched and make the interior a much nicer place :joyous:

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Finally ended up making it to AHD ACT after having a couple people annoy me to get there for awhile and changed the grill over the night before to the SV type

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

In November last year I had a mate practicing photography and got him to come and take some photo’s of my cars in the old Holden dealership in town, I think they turned out alright  :wink:

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Kroozer Kroozer.
    Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Then in December had the opportunity to step up and take a managers position, but it was in Canberra. Decided to take it but obliviously needed somewhere to live, went and saw the bank and was able to get the right out amount of money without having to get rid of any cars so was happy with that. Managed to find a house and have it settle just before going over to America for Christmas and New years in New York city and then drive Route 66 from Chicago all the way to California (a trip that was planned two years in advance) drove a total of 3200miles across 10 states in 13 days and was Amazing!

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Came back from America and moved into the new house only to have it under threat from the Fires two weeks later, then once they were over went back to my home town to grab the SS which they had been copping massive dust storms every week so the poor car was absolutely covered in dust!

Now at it’s new home and stuck in Canberra where I don’t really know anyone and can’t cruise cause of this stupid Rona Virus!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

That route 66 trip looks awesome!!

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Was Amazing! Already want to go back in the Summer time and start in LA instead and head east!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I have always wanted to drive up from LA following the coast to Seattle.  Might even do it in the Kombi one day, we have some plans.  But Route 66, yea baby!!

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

So it’s been quite sometime between posts due to life/covid/work but I got accepted for Summernats next year so I thought I better tidy a fews things up and also do abit of maintenance on the old girl.

Before the Holden signs finally disappeared

Cluster out to replace some blown globes

Found this shit when I pulled the door skin off to replace some broken/missing clips

Surprise it’s on the other side aswell

That’s better

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Gave the tailshaft a birthday with new uni’s, CV and centre bearing. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were the originals.

Had one hell of a battle trying to work out why the horn no longer worked but then very, very rarely would?

Narrowed it down to the “clockspring” and worked out the shaft of the steering column wasn’t being earthed out.

Both of these were broken/gone? So it was no longer making contact with the bearing and not completing the earth from shaft to bearing to outer steering column for the horn to work

New one

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.