HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesNon-Commodore Rides1995 Nissan K11 Micra – was supposed to be a bunky…

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mistikal
    Mistikal
    Participant

Name: Andy
    Model: 1995 Nissan K11 Micra Super S
    Colour: BRIGHT FKN RED
    Bodykit: Factory Hatch Spoiler, Factory Super S front bar
    Engine Type: CG13DE
    Engine Mods: Custom intake, coughed a lot and twisted the dizzy
    Power: Very little
    Exhaust: Stock, hollowed out 1 of the 2 cats, fart cannon on the rear
    Gearbox: 5-speed stick with Exedy HD clutch
    Diff: uwotm8?
    Brakes: Standard, disc brakes at all corners with ABS
    Suspension: Cloud spec
    Wheels/Tyres: 15″ Nissan N15 Pulsar SSS wheels, 195/55/15 tyres
    Interior: Stock w/ LED lights throughout
    Other Mods: Philips Xtremevision H4 globes, LED light bar, LED eye-level brake light
    Stereo: Alpine CDE-147BT head unit, Pioneer TS-D1720C’s in the front, Pioneer TS-D1602R’s in the rear, RE Audio XT-800.4 amp for the speakers, Kenwood 12″ sub, Sony Monoblock amp (sub and its amp to be changed soon)
    Build Period: May 2014
    Cost: $850 to purchase in stock form with ratty paint

She was a bit ratty and rough around the edges, but for $850 including a parts car (only an SLX), I couldn’t complain!

Motor is a CG13DE with 5spd manual beside it, factory sunroof with aftermarket water leaks, full set of 3 factory 13″ alloys (sans one wheel cover) and 1 steelie, and in all original condition – right down to the severely faded paint!

Work done from ownership (in no order):

• Replaced motor/gearbox combo – old motor had 320,000km and 10mm crank end float.
    • Fitted Exedy HD clutch kit while motor/box were out.
    • Full service, sans belts – oil + filter, plugs + leads, fuel filter.
    • Custom intake system – 90* silicone bend, cut-down intake tube from a Commodore, SCA POD filter.
    • Replaced all interior lights to LED.
    • Fitted stereo – done this twice now.
    • Fitted a fart cannon, which is not obnoxiously loud.
    • 15″ N15 SSS wheels.
    • Closed-door respray, done in conjunction with insurance/accident claim.
    • Replaced the non-functional centre brake light with an LED unit.

Work to be done:

• Increase fuel rail pressure, said to be good for another 20hp @ wheels if done right.
    • New tyres – looking at 195/45/15 Federal 595SS.
    • Tint – 35% all round.
    • Replace front seats with Super S seats (have standards from a donor car).
    • Replace all suspension bushes with aftermarket stuff, yet to decide what.
    • New struts and springs at each corner, with aim to also lower the car to a legal height.
    • N14 Pulsar brake upgrade – calipers, rotors and pads – direct bolt on.
    • Strut brace, said to make a HUGE difference.
    • New exhaust; complete with extractors,high-flow cat, cat-back … but keep fart cannon.

How it was purchased:

Commence Operation Rollerskate:

In for paintwork:

No more Rollerskate:

Engine swap time:

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Mistikal Mistikal. Reason: Added engine swap details
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Operation Roller Skate :) Mate for what it is that looks pretty good. My daughter had a one of the latest Micras and she loved it. For a run around just did everything asked of it. Nice shade of red too.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

And I should add, I just LOVE seeing guys getting in and doing engine swaps and stuff themselves, that’s exactly what this forum is all about :)

Mistikal
    Participant

It has had a fair penny spent on it, far from the $850 purchase price! Engine swap was relatively simple, since it is like for like and I had an entire donor car. While the bay was vacant, the idea of an SR20VE with a VLSD gearbox was tossed around and serious consideration was put into it…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Reminds me of a discussion I was having on another fb page about a guy getting his SS painted (actually a member on here) and someone was saying why do it, the paint job was worth more than the car.

My reply was since when does a car enthusiast do it because its financially the thing to do. We do it because its fun, interesting, or you just want to play with stuff you might have around, and in the end create something that’s interesting to you :)

Mistikal
    Participant

My desire for getting it done was more as a ‘fix the rust, keep it running’ exercise. It’s a great little car, has BULK km’s on the clock but I don’t care, it is a fantastic little run around and keeps me out of trouble. Besides, I’ve only seen 4 or 5 other K11 Super S’ on the road here in WA!

My old wagon on the other hand… spent wayyyyy too much on that!

Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria
    • C63 Amg/ Mk4 golf gti/ Ml w163 320 Mercedes Amg pack/ Audi a4 Quattro turbo man/ Wh gen 3/ Vt Calais/ Porsche boxter S / Ba futura (soon to have turbo xr6 motor)/ 2006 RX8

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Which side do the clowns come out …. Jk

looks way better with the SSS mags :)

If you don't believe in something .... You'll fall for anything

Mistikal
    Participant

The 17s were way too big for the car, handled like a skittish mountain goat on cocaine. The SSS mags are a good compromise, and my options for decent tyres are almost endless!

Replaced the entire sunroof in the car last night, as the exising one did not wind open to slide back into the roof space – the replacement can/does, however it needs some fettling to get it 100%. Going to strip down the old one to see what part has failed, and possibly refurbish it to refit into my car.

Profile photo of TUFGMH
    TUFGMH
    Participant
    Supporter

Looks like a great runabout. Just like a weekender, it’s easy for the daily hack to cop similar love. One of the guys at work here would be on the same forum, he just plasti-dipped his matt black before getting sidetracked with a twin turbo soarer. Can’t work that one out as he already has a worked XR6T lol.
    Any real bang for buck performance mods for these?

Mistikal
    Participant

Bang for buck, not really as it’s only a little 1.3L donk. It is possible albeit a little expensive to replace the little CG13 with the much more ample SR20, using bits and pieces from the Pulsar. I had considered it, but too much unrequired work was needed.

There are also turbo kits for the 1.3 (in varying stages of kit – ranging from just a bolt on manifold with turbo and the essentials to get it working, right through to full tear-down motor rebuild kits with absolutely everything needed to get stupid power out of the motor), and Nismo also did to a quad-throttle N/A monster which put down a whopping ~150hp @ the front wheels, in a car with a wet kerb weight of 855kg.

There is potential, but it ain’t cheap.

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

My favourite cars I’ve ever owned have been the small Fwd shitboxes I’ve paid very little for.

Love them. They can take so much punishment and this elite cars handle like they’re in rails!

i intend on buying something similar once the EJ has finished and making an amateur hillclimber thing. Amazing how they can handle with a decent suspension setup!

Mistikal
    Participant

My aim with this originally was to just give it a spray can respray after hitting the rust with the orbital sander, clean it up and drive it till it dies… look where that got me!

I might end up putting this up for swaps in a few months and get another V6 Commodore to bash around in. Love little FWD Econoboxes however I miss having a larger car as a bunky.

Profile photo of DanWA
    DanWA
    Participant

oh god

Profile photo of euro4life
    euro4life
    Participant

I’m interested to buy if your interested to sell B-)

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Philips Xtremevision H4 globe

How did you find them as an upgrade?

Mistikal
    Participant

Apologies for late reply – excellent, I rate them over the equiv. Narva globes.

This will be coping a buttload of love in the coming months – sending it off to get every single suspension bush replaced, new struts all round, larger rear sway bar for funzies, new engine/box mounts … then will be off to a local reputable shop so it can make FKNWOOSH sounds and choo choo down the street.

Before ANY of this can happen, the VY must become reliable and require zero dollars spent on it to keep it that way.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^post of the month, I chuckled :good:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.