HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLHeron's VK SL Build – LS3, TH400, Group A Replica

This topic contains 725 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Heron SSV Heron SSV 3 hours, 46 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 721 through 726 (of 726 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Not I my list but I asked the tuner to go over the whole car to check it out, that was meant to include a fluid check on everything.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I reckon if they are the only two issues you get your have done bloody well.  When you add up how many little details jobs you have done, getting one or two wrong is just part of the game. and to be expected.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Cheers Gary, theres so much involved there’s bound to be some mistakes.

picking it up tomorrow morning from the exhaust shop and dropping it back to the tuners. Hopefully get it sorted so I can pick it up Saturday

Profile photo of IJ.
    IJ.
    Participant
    Supporter

Ditto, I’ve been doing this shit since I was 13, 57 now and still get things wrong, anyone that says they don’t is a liar, just need to look how often F1 screws the pooch, they’re arguably the best mechanics and engineers in the world with insane budgets, you’ve done well!

Heron SSV
    Participant

Thanks Ian. As the saying goes, you learn from your mistakes, it’s part of life.

Picked up the VK this morning and dropped it to the tuner. Pipes look good, heaps of clearance under the car now. Plenty of room around the steering rack which will help with engineering. It’s actually pretty quiet when it is idling, roars a little on start up but settles down to a nice sound.

Starting to have a think about putting it back together, going to see if i can put some rivnuts in along the top of the guards so i can use some fancy allen key bolts to hold them on so it looks mint

Heron SSV
    Participant

Still hasnt been tuned. Spent the weekend painting the front and rear bars. Got three cans of MX Grey from Supercheap, ended up using just over two cans and did four coats, have enough left over to do the door moulds later on. Also gave it two coats of clear. Came up pretty good for a rattle can job.

Viewing 6 posts - 721 through 726 (of 726 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.