HomeForumsGeneralForum Feedback & SupportWhy Don't People Post More Often???

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Admin
    Admin
    Keymaster
    Supporter

Hi all, so, we have over 2,000  members on here, imo we have some unbelievable builds going on, builds like Cavs LSA, IJ’s Beemer, Herons VK etc.  Lots of very knowledgeable people, who in my experience are more than happy to share that experience.

But yet there is only really a small handful of us on here that post or comment.

I know when I was thick into the build of my Senator, interacting with people posting on what I was doing really helped me with motivation, and I got a lot of great ideas and suggestions.  I think without that interaction, those days of hard slog in the shed wouldn’t have been as enjoyable, and the car just wouldn’t have ended up as it did without other peoples input.

So my question is, why aren’t people posting more?  Is there something we can do to the forum to improve it?

Very open to hear peoples thoughts and ideas?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Admin Admin.
    Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

I visit most days to see what is happening on those builds you mention.

Pretty much all of what they are doing leaves me agog at their abilities with nothing much further to add.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

If I look at the data, there seems to be quite a few people in a similar situation who look but don’t comment.  Maybe it’s just the sign of the times.  I’m really only active on one other forum for the Kombi, and it has to be said not many comment over there too.  Very interested in ways we could change that though?

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

I agree with VS 5.0 said I do the same, plus I was following heron’s build on JC and then moved over here, there are a few individuals on JC who think its all about them, obviously lacking something in their life, trying to always be right and your wrong without actually reading what you typed or interested in what your doing for the 1st or 20th time. They dont know its not about being write or wrong or the enjoyment as you said VRsenator, plus when it comes to facts that cant change its correct or incorrect, not wrong or right.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey Gary I  check the forum every day really, may not comment on everything but do when I can ,I don’t want the forum to die as I don’t do face book and all that other crap and 9 times out of 10 on here most people know what they are talking about , I would love to post more on my build but I am not at that stage to do anything ,still not sure what can be done , I do check the ls commodore conversions face book but never comment as not my account (brothers )

was going to ask you next year but now seems good , I am going to build my house and workshop next September would people be interested in seeing the process /progress of the build I know it’s not cars but something different  house is 240sqm and workshop is 108sqm ,I am a builder by trade so it will be me building it

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

Unfortunately its the sign of the times, younger generation want FB and Ebay and smart phones not slower pc forums, perhaps when they get older they will revert back to forums and enjoy what others did before all the fast instant hype. Perhaps the admin can go on facebook sites and put links to this forum to attract new members or the 2000 odd to comment regularly, another idea would to perhaps open the site to other brands of cars and could call the site CommodorePlus More Makes, just thinking out loud.

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

Ok VRSenator may I call you gary, I am starting my build next new year and was going to ask you the best easiest (kiss principle) way of d/loading pics on this site as to how, size etc… vin

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

I’m on here and JC virtually daily. I rarely post on JC, just the odd comment here and there. I’m more active on here, but mostly on my thread when I’ve got stuff happening. I read most of the threads on here, but only a few on JC cause a lot is repetetive or stuff I’m not interested in.

This forum has a different feel to it. All of the members are happy to provide advice or their own point of view without being a prick, you can tell how different this forum is by how often a moderator has to step in and warn/ban members or clean up a thread. It feels more like a group of mates down the pub chatting about their cars. I’ve learned heaps from here during my build, and like putting my experiences up, both good and bad, to help others doing the same thing.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

I think people just use facebook more. But I find this better as at least I can find things later on and I like the respectful way that people engage with eachother on here.

I don’t post my car because its been through so many stages and it would take me so long to piece all the pics and info together.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

It feels more like a group of mates down the pub chatting about their cars. 

That made me smile :good: That’s pretty much exactly what I wanted.

They don’t know it’s not about being write or wrong or the enjoyment 

Agree 100%

I am going to build my house and workshop next September would people be interested in seeing the process /progress of the build I know it’s not cars but something different 

Totally, thats what the “Plus” was all about.  I mean even car wise I have the Senator a VW, MG and Nash on here.  As Heron said the vibe we want is chatting at the pub, if we were there we would talk about the house.

Perhaps the admin can go on facebook sites and put links to this forum to attract new members or the 2000 odd to comment regularly, another idea would to perhaps open the site to other brands of cars and could call the site CommodorePlus More Makes, just thinking out loud.

Happy to take ideas, the problem is I just don’t have time to do the linking, on the various FB pages I am on, when the opportunity arises I do try to steer people to here as I think the info on these build threads is awesome.  This forum has always focussed on Commodores but is def pen to other makes.  As I said before I have my Kombi, MG and Nash on here.

Ok VRSenator may I call you Gary, I am starting my build next new year and was going to ask you the best easiest (kiss principle) way of d/loading pics on this site as to how size etc… vin

No issue at all calling me Gary :good: the Easiest way I find is using a free host site like Imgur, that’s what I use.  I think there is a post on it from memory.  But I know Cav likes using Tapatalk I think.

I think people just use facebook more. But I find this better as at least I can find things later on and I like the respectful way that people engage with each other on here.

I think FB has its place, I have a FB page for all my cars, but I definitely like the fact that on the forum there is a nice order and record of what was done etc.  And def the issue with FB is you can get randoms with no idea trolling talking crap.

But thanks all for the feedback.  I don’t ever intend to let this forum die, but I do fund it out of my own pocket, so if anyone feels like helping out feel free to hit the donate button ;-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

This is the post I made about posting images using Imgur, I like it, seems to work well.

How to Post Images For Free Using Imgur

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

+1 for Imgur.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

This is the post I made about posting images using Imgur, I like it, seems to work well.

How to Post Images For Free Using Imgur

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“How to Post Images For Free Using Imgur” — CommodoresPlus” src=”http://www.commodoresplus.com.au/forums/topic/how-to-post-images-for-free-using-imgur/embed/#?secret=ov85r0kmLf” width=”600″ height=”338″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”ov85r0kmLf”></iframe>

I use flickr  for photo’s is another way

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

so if anyone feels like helping out feel free to hit the donate button [/quote]

Hey Gary if you pm me with account details I’ll donate just do not have paypal  I can get my sister to sort it she’s in the gold coast

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

I also agree most forums are not very popular these days as a majority peeps seem to prefer social media platforms. When I get time I certainly will post here. B-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I also agree most forums are not very popular these days as a majority peeps seem to prefer social media platforms. When I get time I certainly will post here.

Lol, I love catching up with your jokes, and I wont lie, I have poached one or two for when I am the pub with the boys on a Friday night…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.