This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GMH187
    GMH187
    Participant

Thought I’d share my VR Calais.

Completely stock, just over 100k travelled since it’s 93 birth so it’s in pretty good condition. It has a few scuffs and dents. Climate control doesn’t work and the hood lining needs redoing but apart from that all is good.
    I’ve tided it up as much as I can for now.

Plans aren’t too big just want it to be a low and slow cruiser; body tidied up and resprayed, chrome refurbed, 20″ supers, sunroof, suspension, venetians, manual conversion. Could be looking at a 5.0 conversion later as I have some of the gear for it already.

Thoughts are appreciated.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of GMH187 GMH187.
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Wow thats clean suprised the low k ones still turn up. How are you planning on refirbing the chrome?

Profile photo of GMH187
    GMH187
    Participant

That’s a good question, I have no idea! Haha I work it out as I go.

I hit the chrome window moulds a couple of times with the buffer and some cutting compound and the areas that I’d touched came up pretty good. I’ll do some more playing/investigating and see what works the best.

Yeah I wasn’t really looking either but this popped up cheap and I couldn’t turn away from it. I think I was hoping to ease the pain of a low km one owner Platinum Gold VL Exec I had not long sold for 2k. Nek minute they’re going for a fortune and finding another one that cheap is near impossible.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Very nice, amazing km’s.  Be very nice lowered and with a V8 in it, cool cruiser.

Profile photo of doz10
    doz10
    Participant

You’ve done well there mate, it’s a pretty tidy car even makes my ss look a bit rough and I thought it was pretty tidy lol, good to see another nice vr on here

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Tidy looking car mate. Great pick up!

Profile photo of GMH187
    GMH187
    Participant

Thanks guys, VR/S commodores are so cheap right now. Every time I jump on gumtree I see another immaculate low km one, wish I could own them all haha.

Small update: Picked up a t5, clutch, tailshaft, pedals & cable over the weekend.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thanks guys, VR/S commodores are so cheap right now. Every time I jump on gumtree I see another immaculate low km one.

Got on the train yesterday to go into the city.  As I was siting waiting at the Gawler station across the road an old guy opened his old school lean too garage doors, drives out in the the most immaculate VR I reckon I have ever seen, was sooo tempted to walk across and ask if it was for sale.  It was mint.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.