This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BTS666.0 BTS666.0 6 years ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BTS666.0
    BTS666.0
    Participant

Hi. This is my vz ss.  Has a cast iron block, cam, holley hi ram, and turbo. T400 box. After years of motor rebuilds and setbacks, it should be ready to go on the road in the next couple of months. It is in a shop getting the last few things done before it can be started again.

Reverse cowl to cover the hi ram. i didn’t want it glassed on, and have to redo it every year or so. So went kind of A9X style and had it bolted down. Looks heaps better in my opinion. Just need paint now.

...so I said "orange ya glad I didn't say banana?"........hahahaha.....hhhmmmm...pffft.....

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice rig mate, whats the use, streeter, powercruises, racecar?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Looking good. It will be handful that’s for sure. What makes you think you will have to re glass it every year?

BTS666.0
    Participant

It was just a drag car, but I am putting rego on it now. Spent enough money on it, I just want to enjoy it now.

Cava, most of the glassed on cowls i have seen, have had to be re done after a while. They tend to crack at the corners. Have you had any dramas? A guy i know has a metal cowl on his car, and where they smoothed it with fibreglass to neaten it up has been done 2 or 3 times in 18 months. Finally got it done well, and then someone keyed his car.

I plan on driving its arse off, and I like the bolted down look more than the glassed and smoothed look. It’s different, which is a bonus to. The guy who did it, said it should be legal, it has 3mm steel bracing around the cut out and where the factory bracing had to be cut. It’s a real neat job.

It ran a best of 11.1 @ 117mph before the motor had to get rebuilt. That was on 26 inch high slicks, with 3.7 diff gears. Ran out of  gears before the finish line and hit the limiter. It was also still on its run in tune. Was making about 560rwhp on 9-10 psi. It will be running around 9 psi on the road. But will turn it up to 15psi for dyno days and fun.

...so I said "orange ya glad I didn't say banana?"........hahahaha.....hhhmmmm...pffft.....

BTS666.0
    Participant

A couple of old pics.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Had my cowl 7 years. Never had to touch it.

BTS666.0
    Participant

Exhaust is almost done. Should be ready to start in a day or 2. Can’t wait.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice, bet you cant wait.

BTS666.0
    Participant

Had my cowl 7 years. Never had to touch it.

Thats awesome. Who made it?

BTS666.0
    Participant

Nice, bet you cant wait.

No, I am pretty excited. Its been sitting under the house for 2 years. just want to drive it again.

BTS666.0
    Participant

Has been on the road for a couple of months now. Done a couple of hundred km’s. All good. Turns tyres pretty easy.  :yes:

BTS666.0
    Participant

So, had a small fire in the engine bay on thursday night. Trans cooler line split, and lit up on the crossover pipe. So….that was a bit shitey. Not alot of damage, luckily.

Profile photo of klampykixx
    klampykixx
    Participant

That sucks to hear about the fire, happened in my old vr when the power steering pump blew it’s seal. Lit up all over the headers.

Looks mad with the bolt on cowl. Im a big fan of bolt on bits looking like they’re bolted on  :good:

I always wanted to put slr flares on my vr and go extra fat.

BTS666.0
    Participant

I painted the bonnet satin black, and messed up the paint mix and it turned out stripey. Will rub it back and respray it white while it is getting fixed again. Trucking it to a mates shed next week to see just how bad it actually is. From above it doesnt look to bad.

I think the bolted on cowl looks awesome. I am glad I didn’t go with glassed on. My painting lets it down though :)

BTS666.0
    Participant

Looking for a new tuner in qld. Any recommendations?

BTS666.0
    Participant

Am ripping out the ase kit and garrett turbo, replacing with a killaboost and borg t6 setup. ase kit is for sale if anyone knows of someone looking for an entry level kit

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Good stuff. New setup will be awesome. I’m sending mine to Darcy when its ready.

BTS666.0
    Participant

Hopefully have the setup before the end of january, and cerama coated, all the maifolds and pipes, and dump. More money, but will be better suited to the stroker and big cam. The ASE setup was a bit restrictive. Was good on the 6.0, to small on the 390ci.

BTS666.0
    Participant

Ended up getting a S480 ProBoost turbo, local and quality, killaboost manifolds, which are off to competition coatings along wiyh the dump pipe, and am still chasing a few bits then will be sorted by october hopefully. Pics soon as stuff happens.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.