HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVT – VX – VY – VZVZ Senator: Somebody had to be the first!

This topic contains 128 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

Don’t think so Grant.

The bleed lines had to be swapped around to suit my car. If you could just swap the calipers left or right you wouldn’t need to change the bleeder. I think Haha.

On the CTSV the calipers are mounted behind the front rotors. On VT-VZs the calipers are mounted in front, so the bleed lines are swapped around to keep the pistons facing the right way

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Jaba Jaba.
    Profile photo of vnssnv
    vnssnv
    Participant
    Supporter

The pictured caliper is the lh one. The bleed nipples always have to be at the top. Otherwise you wont be able to bleed the air from the system.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep but I think what Jaba is saying is because the calipers are mounted in front instead of behind the wheel they are effectively being mounted upside down which will put the bleed nipple at the bottom. So if he swaps the nipples and tube it will correct it. Interestingly on my Willwoods they have bleed nipple both sides so no matter how they get orientated on the car there is always a pair at the top. You will work it out I am sure. If you have any trouble, give Carl at PBR a call here in Adelaide, he is a walking encyclopaedia on brakes (and a top bloke too). Great brakes btw!!

Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

You got it Gary!

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Don’t think so Grant. The bleed lines had to be swapped around to suit my car. If you could just swap the calipers left or right you wouldn’t need to change the bleeder.

Isn’t that what I said? hahaha

I think these are left or right, you just have to change the line and bleed around so the bleed is on the top :)

Profile photo of EJ DUDE
    EJ DUDE
    Participant

If you need a hand let me know, dine heaps of brake work

Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

Brake’s have been painted, unfortunately they wont be fitted for a month or two due to work and holidays :(

Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

Brakes are installed!

I don’t get a lot of time off with my current job ( 4 weeks away 1 week at home ) my old man was kind enough to fit them for me.

I’m currently on holiday in Bali but from what I’ve heard everything went well.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make a how to etc on them. But I will get some measurements next time the brakes come off so you blokes on the fence about buying this kit can get a decent idea on whether or not your wheels will fit.

Only one photo on the hoist for now. More to come tomorrow when I’m home.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Those wheels just so work perfectly with the colour, just beautiful.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Bloody awesome! Mate car has the whole package now  :yahoo:

Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

Brakes are all installed and bled. Unfortunately we ran out of time and I never got to actually drive the car before heading back to work. So it will sit and wait for me to return home in 28 days  :-(

Oh well, they look good at least. Haha.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Jana. What’s a set of those center caps worth?

Profile photo of Ranga
    Ranga
    Participant

Looks awesome mate!

You had a chance to test them yet? How do you find the feel of the pedal compared to before?

Profile photo of Ranga
    Ranga
    Participant

Idiot, just read your post. Lol. To mesmerized by the pics.

I noticed your crossover lines are at the top of the caliper and haven’t been swapped so the bleed screw is at the top on both the front and back calipers?

Profile photo of vnssnv
    vnssnv
    Participant
    Supporter

I cant see the pedal being too good with the bleeder nipples at the bottom. Suprised you even got a pedal at all with them that way around.

Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

Was wondering if anyone would pick up on that. This was mid way through install. They were installed on the wrong sides. All 4 are now installed the correct way with valves at the top.

Apparently pedal feel is similar to what it used to be. I’ll let you know In a month lol.

Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

Cava, they cost me $120 To get 3D printed. Mate painted them for nothing and Gary was kind enough to design them for nothing as well.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Was a fun job!!  Btw there is a group called Fablab that has free 3D printing labs, its a community organization where anyone can walk in off the street and use a 3D printer.  I think there are 2 or 3 in Aus.  Might be an option, maybe even to just do a one off to make sure its exactly what you want before you pay to have the proper 4 made.  One day I am going to get my own, I reckon the fcat i can do the modelling then make the bits would be cool as.  Imagine being able to make a custom shape relay box to fit under the guard of a VR for example….

Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

Is anyone here running a tru trac?

I’m not really big on skids and would rather have the most amount of grip possible on the street ( even though stretched tyres goes against this, im working on that lol )

Would a tru trac help with overall straight line grip?

Would do 3.7 gears as well if I bought a new centre.

Profile photo of pir4te
    pir4te
    Participant
    Supporter

Is anyone here running a tru trac? I’m not really big on skids and would rather have the most amount of grip possible on the street ( even though stretched tyres goes against this, im working on that lol ) Would a tru trac help with overall straight line grip? Would do 3.7 gears as well if I bought a new centre.

Dunno about gears on your car, but yeah definitely get torque sensing diff, improved handling in my car outta sight.  :yes:

With suspension geometry sorted, it allows you to put the power on earlier coming out of corners… noticably. so faster, more control and better turn-in and out.

Naturally as-pirated, all-motor.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.