HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralEngine Conversions & EngineeringVY-onwards floorpans – AWD ready?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matty
    Matty
    Participant

I disappeared down a rabbit hole while looking through IJ’s AWD Lexcen thread, and I need someone to clarify something for me.

The Project Y thread on LS1.com.au alludes to the VY floorpan being set up to accept AWD from factory. Can someone confirm, is it just the utes and Monaros or does this hold true for the sedans too? This is news to me and excites me very much.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

VY series 2 onwards all used the AWD floor, you still have to remove a mount and add one then work out the captive nuts for the Steel crossmember.

Profile photo of Matty
    Matty
    Participant

Eeeeexcellent… :good:

(I’m furiously trying to give you a “like” but I’m just seeing a spinning wheel of death…)

Oh, forgot to ask…does that include Statesman/Caprice? Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Matty Matty.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Matty Matty.
    Profile photo of

Haven’t done one but I’m assuming yes!

(Audi A8 goodness)  :yes:

Profile photo of Matty
    Matty
    Participant

Heh, exactly what I was thinking… It’s put a bit of a delay on the likely next project but the end result would be much more what we’re after (LWB, AWD, V8, not dead 30 days after the warranty expires).

Profile photo of

Had discussed this as a project awhile back with one of the guys, I think it’d make a sensational car!

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

hey I’m lost on the LWB more info

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Long wheel base.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Long wheel base.

Cheers Cava

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.