HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralEngineVS v8 Power steering pump

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thatotherguy94 thatotherguy94 8 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi, if possible could anyone take a photo of there VS 5Lt’s Power steering pump Low Pressure (return line)

i just need to know the way it routed, as my pump has the line facing up, noticed some pump’s have it facing down, i cant find the one i took off and im sure it was moulded in a U shape, but the originals are obsolete and the only only aftermarket one i have found is straight anyway

i’ve also got to run it thru the factory power steering cooler hose

Profile photo of thatotherguy94
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

this is how mine was in the donor car, it came up from the return and had a bracket bolted to the power steering pump and then into the pump. Only picture I have of it unfortunately. I think the pump had the return line going up. I can grab a pic of the old line tomorrow if you want

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Basically just did a loop into the power steering pump which has the fitting pointing up

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

no worries, photos are just what i need

thanks for that

Have ordered the hose just need to see if i can get that metal clip that it bolts to the pump, Wonder if VN-VR V6’s what apparently use the same hose have that clip. might have to go for a trip to the wreckers

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    Profile photo of Marzella
    Marzella
    Participant

Dunno if too late or not but Mackay make them it’s only straight hose just seems Moulded because they so old… It’s a funny size too 9.3mm hose.

Part No. CH3140 like $10

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

yeah thats the one i’ve ordered

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Has any one got photos of how the line which feeds fluid into the rack goes, I seem to have melted mine today because its so close to the extractors and its now leaking everywhere..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.