This topic contains 449 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 451 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant
    • 1995 VS Acclaim v6. Soon to be supercharged 1995 VS Executive 5L. 1973 Holden Torana Deluxe

• View build HERE

Brilliant car mate. Love every little bit of it. You’ve done extremely well! That is above show car work.

Random question, can you get a better pic up of the gauge set up you have?

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

I do have this pic of when I fitted the MSD shift light witch I never really showed

See it there below the trip computer buttons

All I did was took to it with a grinder, then taped some card board over it and on the back used some urethane reason and fibre glass then bogged and smoothed it over and drilled some holes witch is 3 mm out of centre and annoys the crap out of me but no one has ever picked it

I’ll get a pic of the bottom when I get back, I’m at the Grand Prix at moment

That I did the same, cut the tray out same urethane resin and just bogged and smoothed and drilled 2 holes with hole saw

I got them ones centre lol

Up the top I also put the build number over there as I warped dash and couldn’t have it in factory spot I also cut a very slight amount of the end and put the hsv in front of it but pic shows it up like crap

In life it looks good and clean but for some reason the flash shows things that you can’t see with eyes

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

And obviously I throw all the air con vents in the bin

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I really like this idea, I reckon even take the trip computer out and have 4 gauges, somhow moved thé aircon vents Downs below thé radio and it would look factory.

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Iv had a few different ideas over the time

Throwing it away sounds like a good idea as fuel used and averages distance to empty and stuff doesn’t work any more, it’s tells me things like 7 litres to 100km and I know it used 7 litres just goin up the street

The only one I want is odometer

Iv honestly thought about doin a deadly dash and stealing blakes idea and doin something like that and making all custom gauges completely witch would mean all that I have would go to some other person as I know someone would want it

Talking of people wanting things I’m thinking of giving away my old sub set up away as I’m not goin to use it and I was thinking people nominate someone who has ambition but no money like a 17 year old who just got his licence and has vn-vs and wants a mad thumping sub amp capaciator set up

Profile photo of Wombles
    Wombles
    Participant
    • 1995 VS Acclaim v6. Soon to be supercharged 1995 VS Executive 5L. 1973 Holden Torana Deluxe

• View build HERE

I actually don’t mind that! Came up good!

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

I actually don’t mind that! Came up good!

Cheers mate, was just a random idea i had and just went for it

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

How did you end up with the fuel system Pete, is it sorted? Are you planning another trip to the dyno to see what it can make?

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yes fuel is all sorted

Goes like a rocket but still behaves like a retard down low rpm

Fuel system is silent and can not even hear it prime up, can only tell because I can hear fuel squishing through regulator

Doin some road tuning first as I have a new tuner now and wants to get it driving nice, then dyno for some power runs then find some quite roads to fine tune anything that needs touching up in 1st, 2nd And 3rd under power

Iv got my 2 boost limiter valves fitted now witch vent anything above 15psi and also think I’m goin to run water meth constently from what ever psi it is at 4000rpm and progressive till 6000rpm at witch point it will run full till 6800 top limit so I can drive and mostly not use it only under hard throttle will it come on

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Gotta be happy with that :)

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah aftermarket industries do the best serge tanks ever

The quality is second to none

But also think moving fuel lines further away from gear box and bell housing and wrapping them in heat wrap has helped and also all the Hpc coating has reduced heat, every thing all adds up for a better round system

Profile photo of MANTA 185i
    MANTA 185i
    Participant
    • Kiama
    • VS HSV Manta 185i. A 600hp 383ci weapon wrapped in a stock shell.

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi Pete,

Ruben here – the other VS Manta owner. I loved the summary you have done and have never truly grasped how much work you have put into your car – well done mate! A credit to you, especially since you have done most of it yourself. You are quite the backyard craftsman!

I am keen to see how it finally ends up with the power and track times if possible. I would love to do all the extra work you have done to mine, but time is not something I have a lot of (maybe when I get to Gary’s age… lol)

Great stuff and great write-up!!

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi mate

Car is goin good now, after my rear axel miss hap but honestly I think it will happen again but I like a breakable link other wise it will shatter my gear box and axels are so much easier to replace

It’s making insane power and torque, it’s about to under go a new type of tune, currently is tuned with tuner pro but is getting changed will probley leave it till it’s all finished to show them results.

But it’s making 430 rwkw with more left in it and water meth to turn on yet and that on 98

The hours iv put into it are insane

Think I’ll change the leather inserts on door trims as that wasn’t thought out very well but apart from that the car really is just sitting and been used every now and then

Roll cage in order one day and tidy up so me loose ends but it really does look complete now in my eyes as far as building goes

I don’t have my build threads on others forums any more just here and my own fb page witch iv added a few car mates onto

How is your mental manta goin ??

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Roll cage, race track, yea baby. 1/4 mile or track (or both)?

Profile photo of Phire aka Gmfan
    Phire aka Gmfan
    Participant

Hi mate. I’ll be running similar coilovers to yours with solid adjustable strut tops. I’ve never assembled struts before and my coilovers came with absolutely no fitting instructions. Have you got any photos of how your coilovers went together?

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

They should come complete ready to bolt in

But if your running adjustable top plate you need to remove the top bearing plate on the strut

This is fearly straight foward, just undo the locking rings for bottom of spring and undo them so the spring is free and has movement

Then undo the top nut and the whole top bearing will come of in a heap of pieces and then just slip it Into your new top plate and wait till it’s all installed before tightening up the rings on bottom of springs and top plate

Profile photo of Phire aka Gmfan
    Phire aka Gmfan
    Participant

Sent you a pm

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Roll cage, race track, yea baby. 1/4 mile or track (or both)?

Would like both

I don’t know what times it will get but Im going to guess it will crack more them 130mph if I don’t granny shift lol

Track would be awesome but none near where I live and it would only be purely for fun anyway

Cage is for my own safety and plus when I do get into the 10 bracket they don’t kick me off the track

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Struggle to go 10’s without an auto.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

I’ll give it my best though but I do agree, cars capable of 10s but wether I can do it or not is another story

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 451 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.