This topic contains 164 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thatotherguy94 thatotherguy94 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

The good old fuseable link

had mine go a few years ago

how much more is left of yours to do?

Profile photo of thatotherguy94
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Not heaps, basically just throttle body, radiator, a/c and power steering plus a few other little bits and pieces which ive probably forgotten about until its running. Probably could have it running in a day if I had everything I need. I dont think it will ever be finished, will always want to change or improve things

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

NI dont think it will ever be finished, will always want to change or improve things

Never truer words spoken ;-)

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Yeah love that when non car people say.. You always seem to be working on that thing surely it will be finished soon lol

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yeah love that when non car people say.. You always seem to be working on that thing surely it will be finished soon lol

Had 3 years of that….

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Not heaps, basically just throttle body, radiator, a/c and power steering plus a few other little bits and pieces which ive probably forgotten about until its running. Probably could have it running in a day if I had everything I need. I dont think it will ever be finished, will always want to change or improve things

been saying that for years, mines almost finished i’m kinda glad it is too. Think i’ll leave it a while before i do anything else

yeah i hate that too

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Installed my electric areal and put the console back together so thats finished for now until I find the one im after

All accessories now on the motor plus a few other fiddly little bits done, not long until its done now

Bought a set of venetians, but still undecided if I like them or not. Rear one doesnt fit in the car because its to suit cars with the centre brake light in the spoiler and not the parcel shelf..

Also managed to get a fully working V8 cluster while at u pull it on the weekend so thats another issue sorted!

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Todays progress, got it pretty much ready to start up today. Just need an oxygen sensor and more coolant and then I should be able to start it up next weekend. Pretty keen to hear this thing run again. Its taken me 3 months to get to this point just working on most weekends and some nights after work

Profile photo of [TUFFVQ]
    [TUFFVQ]
    Participant

Nice one!

Profile photo of WPNHDT
    WPNHDT
    Participant

Top build bud!

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Nice one!

Top build bud!

Thanks. Starting this up tomorrow morning to run the cam in and hopefully drive it out of the shed by the afternoon. Still need to tighten the front suspension, bleed the power steering and a couple of other and then take it for a drive in the afternoon hopefully.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Started up this morning and ran the cam in which all went well, no unusual noises apart from the fan belt squealing on the first start up attempt, fired up with no problems. Changed the oil and went to bleed the power steering system and found the line had melted which put fluid all down that side of the bay. Seems to run ok and idle fine with no tune to suit the cam (still needs the timing checked), will be interesting to see how it actually drives. Hearing it run again was the best feeling after all the work ive put into this mostly by myself.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Seriously have lost count of the first starts I’ve done, still one of the most awesome moments in any build congrats Dude well done!  :XD:

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Replaced the power steering line today and moved it back and forth in the shed a couple of times under its own power..

old power steering line just a bit melted, didnt take a pic of the new one but it looks the same only new and not melted

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Got this out the garage today, gave it a wash, put some rego on it and took it for a drive which went well, nothing fell off or broke and it doesnt seem to be leaking from anywhere. It badly needs a wheel alignment though so will hopefully get that done this week.

pic after being put away again

pretty bad alignment

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

That’s bloody awesome mate. First drive I bet was so satisfying now it’s over and your not stressing over every noise, bump or rattle!  Top stuff congrats  :good:

thatotherguy94
    Participant

That’s bloody awesome mate. First drive I bet was so satisfying now it’s over and your not stressing over every noise, bump or rattle! Top stuff congrats

Thanks, yeah was pretty satisfying finally being able to drive it again

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

can i still see ecotec badges on it?

thatotherguy94
    Participant

can i still see ecotec badges on it?

Yes ecotec badges are still on it

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

good to see that you got the power steering line fixed, made a mess of that one, that one is defiantly the other shape they use.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.