This topic contains 164 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thatotherguy94 thatotherguy94 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Aaron O’hara in Gawler

You from up that way?

Profile photo of thatotherguy94
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Like everything about this car subtle and neat… Put up a thread on the red torana or isnt it yours?

Thanks, torana isnt mine, its dads

Aaron O’hara in Gawler

You from up that way?

Yeah

Got some new wheels today, VF SSV’s. Will give the car a wash and take some decent pictures on the weekend

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

I like the wheels they go well with the green of the car.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

I like the wheels they go well with the green of the car.

Thanks, I think it will look better once the car actually settles again

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Agreed great choice with the wheels.   Will keep an eye out for it around gawler.  You know there is a Barrossa cruise next sunday?

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Agreed great choice with the wheels. Will keep an eye out for it around gawler. You know there is a Barrossa cruise next sunday?

What cruise is that? Car hasnt had rego since January and ive decided im not putting more rego on it until the 5L is in, which should be soon hopefully

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Cleaned and ready for cruise for charity!

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Photo from its last drive as a v6

And today, motor is ready to come out

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Good on you for doing it yourself. Although it’s all plug and play, it’s certainly a good feeling knowing you did it yourself once it’s running. Good luck with it.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

+1 for doing it yourself.  Keep us posted :good:

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Been busy for the last couple of days but today I managed to get the engine out of the car and started pulling some of the suspension out but my rattle gun went flat

going

Gone! Never to see the engine bay again.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Not related to the acclaim but did a wedding for a mate with dad, he was in the Monaro and I was in the Torana

thatotherguy94
    Participant

suspension and k-frame out, going to clean and hopefully paint underneath tomorrow

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Good work mate. Now to get scrubbing to see how good that engine bay comes up. I gave mine a coat of paint while it was out, glad I did too. Just a can job but came up looking good.

Profile photo of BT1SS
    BT1SS
    Participant
    Supporter

Thats one thing I regretted not doing when I did my 5ltr conversion was spraying the engine bay.I suppose If I spend some time detailing it, it should look good (I hope anyway lol) Its good to see another VS getting taken care of  as you don’t see too many good ones on the road anymore.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Under the guards got repainted with stone guard stuff, looks brown but its suppose to be black

K-frame then got bolted in

then all the new suspension, brakes I didnt bother repainting because im thinking of upgrading soon anyway

went to u pull it and managed to get an s pac boot lid and also managed to get a rear lip for the bumper without the tow bar cut out. Got some rear interior lights from a calais which ill put in when the roof lining gets redone.

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

might seem like an odd question but are you fitting cruise control back on it?

if you are i’ve got a V8 Cruise module you can have, if you want it. took it off my VS cant fit it because the Torque Power Manifold. keeps getting moved around the shed because its in the way. I dont think i’ll be using it, saves throwing it out.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

might seem like an odd question but are you fitting cruise control back on it? if you are i’ve got a V8 Cruise module you can have, if you want it. took it off my VS cant fit it because the Torque Power Manifold. keeps getting moved around the shed because its in the way. I dont think i’ll be using it, saves throwing it out.

I would like to refit cruise control so I will grab that module off you. How/where did you mount yours as the v8’s have an extra bracket on the car?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

might seem like an odd question but are you fitting cruise control back on it? if you are i’ve got a V8 Cruise module you can have, if you want it. took it off my VS cant fit it because the Torque Power Manifold. keeps getting moved around the shed because its in the way. I dont think i’ll be using it, saves throwing it out.

Ive seen the cruise control done on a TP manifold. Just need to get creative with a bracket

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

I would like to refit cruise control so I will grab that module off you. How/where did you mount yours as the v8’s have an extra bracket on the car?

They have a bracket spot welded in right next to the V8 ignition Module

so I just drilled the weld out and riveted  it back into mine. Only problem was mine was out a silver car  as it’s very rare to see a v8 in my cars colour, but it wasn’t really that noticeable

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.