HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralEngine Conversions & EngineeringVR/VS LS Engine Conversion General Information

This topic contains 97 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Marc Marc 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

That’s interesting I wonder if the flow would be the same or similar I am still thinking about building the headers for the lsa vh when I get to that part (only because I can )

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea I was wondering the same thing.  I mean I know headers on a streeter are a compromise length wise, but they are very uneven.  Still would love to see some in the flesh.  Not sure how low they would sit either.  I noticed quite a difference swapping form the Paccies to the 4 into 1’s as to how low they sit.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

They are sick. How they fit is beyond me

Not being equal length wouldn’t matter much. Not unless your turning 1000hp chasing every 2-3hp.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Think that was their 1 7/8 pipes lsa kit with chassis drop kit & trans member for a customer..roughly 4k

Most end up on blown ls cars…those nice engine bays usually their handiwork too.

Really nice work,often booked out for months in advance grr

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of gtrboyy gtrboyy.
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Ok so I have come across some information on a neat way to fit ac into vn-vs without rail mods or running the ugly top mount ac with lines also running across the top. The vs 5 litre hoses run to that side, so I just used that stuff and changed the ends, it was super easy”

Run this kit the
    Alan Grove GM LS Series LS1 Camaro Low Mount A/C Comp Mounting Bracket
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251001189919?ul_noapp=true

]

With a sanden 508 compressor

Fitted to a vr

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    Profile photo of ChrisM
    ChrisM
    Participant
    Supporter

I was looking at this kit the other day. I need to invest in getting my ac up and running.

sands vs
    Participant

I was looking at this kit the other day. I need to invest in getting my ac up and running.

Its the best way to do it from what I have seen. The neatest and if you cut the rail you will have no chance of getting it engineered

Profile photo of ChrisM
    ChrisM
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah im not keen to cut my rail. I would rather do the high mount kit. Seems to be a few different sanden style compressors.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Like the look of that, that’s going into the memory bank…

sands vs
    Participant

Interesting development. I was speaking to jason from http://www.musclegarage.com.au/ that makes the tuff car mounts for ls swaps and kits. They are getting a supplier in the states to make a loom to suit ls swap into vn-vs from scratch. So you get a brand new loom made all new everything . They will be $800-1k and available in a few months.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Interesting development. I was speaking to jason from http://www.musclegarage.com.au/ that makes the tuff car mounts for ls swaps and kits. They are getting a supplier in the states to make a loom to suit ls swap into vn-vs from scratch. So you get a brand new loom made all new everything . They will be $800-1k and available in a few months.

Excellent, Jason is a good operator, I would trust his stuff.

sands vs
    Participant

Keen to see what comes of it. Id prefer all new

Im chasing some feedback guys with ls stock ls engines no cams(I assume they are different to a 454 ?). How harsh are they with tuff mounts?

If they are too harsh ill look into fabricating my own.

sands vs
    Participant

ls into vs wiring info

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Profile photo of Marc
    Marc
    Participant

Some further info for those that might be interested regarding A/C kits for Ls engine swaps.

This guy has developed a local kit (was actually recommended by Muscle Garage):

https://www.facebook.com/gizmosautoelectrics/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARDWG0WsRRILBDR8hZV1Vt22vgxf64ahtndq9TsNL5yYkDDGmioDcZXFYIG3jHcQHhX3iC8En8-12k_m

Spoke with him last week – $1,000 plus postage for a new Sanden compressor and mounting brackets. Uses original tensioner but a different belt is required. I’d like to get the A/C working on my VN once the LS goes in so this could be a good option.

If I end getting this kit I’ll post up some pics.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Good info mate. Yes please keep us posted.

sands vs
    Participant

Some further info for those that might be interested regarding A/C kits for Ls engine swaps. This guy has developed a local kit (was actually recommended by Muscle Garage): https://www.facebook.com/gizmosautoelectrics/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARDWG0WsRRILBDR8hZV1Vt22vgxf64ahtndq9TsNL5yYkDDGmioDcZXFYIG3jHcQHhX3iC8En8-12k_m Spoke with him last week – $1,000 plus postage for a new Sanden compressor and mounting brackets. Uses original tensioner but a different belt is required. I’d like to get the A/C working on my VN once the LS goes in so this could be a good option. If I end getting this kit I’ll post up some pics.

Great info whats the advantage of this one over the one I posted?

Profile photo of Marc
    Marc
    Participant

I actually dont think there is any advantage, asides from the fact that its a local kit and uses the original tensioner. It’s just another option where pretty much everything is supplied as a kit.

My original concerns were that asides from Sands Vs I couldn’t find anyone else that had used the Groves kit, and I wasnt entirely certain what compressor would be required (I realise it needs a Sanden 508 – but are there any variations, are they Ls specific and who is a reputable seller?)

I think overall the Groves kit would probably work out cheaper and (for me anyway) is a bit easier to buy – I can get the kit, then save for a compressor instead of having to do it in one go.

Sands Vs, are you able to point me in the direction of the compressor you got? P/n or seller please?

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.