This topic contains 1,175 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 1,178 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

All bolt ons and a tune.

What no mods welded on?  Pffft amateurs….

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Ran out of acetylene :facepalm:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lol, I actually have my grandpa’s old oxy acetylene handle, all brass, bloody work of art.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Don’t forget it’s got the very much wanted power killer Caddy top :yes:

Looked at buying lsa very closely when CHE did the black vh that needed chassis spacers & caddy top to keep it all under stock bonnet.

Damn Caddy tops

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yeah caddy too and kframe spacers. Don’t think they are a sick bad as they make out.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I’m just gonna say it, LSa, big easy power, but bloody ugly. (Puts flame suit on)

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Yeah seppo’s have dyno sheets proving it but who cares when can keep the stock bonnet & heaps of other ways to get power back & then some.

Told Dale @ CHE only buying an lsa if we find Caddy top….instead found my 2 tone sle

Gary these caddy tops make them even uglier lol

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yeah caddy top is ugly. In the states the fastest blower only ctsv has a caddy lid  :yes:

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

I dont think the caddy top is that bad, just paint it etc. End of the day how often is bonnet even up, waste of time you dont drive around with bonnet up lol

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I guess that’s the thing about cars, to each their own. My bay is important to me, I mean love driving it, but every time I lift the bonnet to check the oil, water etc it puts a smile on my dial. The other thing is I love people seeing the car, thinking meh, its just a clean Senator, then I pop the bonnet and pretty much every time I get the “faaaark” – to me thats priceless :good: But to each their own, I just think the LSA is bloody fugly. Cool engine though, and if looks not a factor the smart and obvious choice.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Power over looks for me. I hardly ever pop the bonnet. But I’ll still smooth it and shit to make me happy. Wish I wasn’t that anal

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Function over form for me.  Make it go as hard as possible and if it looks good doing it all the better.

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Power over looks for me. I hardly ever pop the bonnet. But I’ll still smooth it and shit to make me happy. Wish I wasn’t that anal

Function over form for me. Make it go as hard as possible and if it looks good doing it all the better.

I had the same mindset and was going to concentrate on getting my VK on the road first and do the cosmetic stuff later but the more I looked into things it was easier to do it now as the car was already in pieces, plus I could do it on the cheap.

Hows the to-do list looking at the moment Cava?

Profile photo of GMH-304
    GMH-304
    Participant

Fuck u pricks costing me money. Gunna have to start a go fund me account. No x bar on cage lol. Wanna keep the back seat. Granted it’s only registered as a 2 seater now.

We maybe spending your money now, but we’re saving you money later down the line.

Yeah caddy too and kframe spacers. Don’t think they are a sick bad as they make out.

No reverse cowl for this one.

Immortality
    Participant

Function over form for me. Make it go as hard as possible and if it looks good doing it all the better.

I had the same mindset and was going to concentrate on getting my VK on the road first and do the cosmetic stuff later but the more I looked into things it was easier to do it now as the car was already in pieces, plus I could do it on the cheap. Hows the to-do list looking at the moment Cava?

Certainly, I’d do anything to improve performance and improving the look but I’d miss something that would only be of cosmetic value.  I’d rather put money on something to make it go faster (or stop or go around corners better etc).

Don’t get me wrong, I totally admire those cars that are 100% perfect panel and paint but it’s not something I have the patience for.  I also don’t like attracting the attention of the constabulary so would prefer to not doing anything that draws to much attention either way.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

To do list is long. Lol still waiting on fabricator.

No scoop at all for the vp. All under hood. Ultimate sleeper.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Why not have both :)  Mines no trailer queen, there’s tons more I could do to make it nicer.  To me its a balance of form over function, but I always want things to look neat and well engineered.

Immortality
    Participant

I don’t disagree but what I’m saying is that the primary motivator for any mod is to improve the vehicle and form is a secondary consideration.

I’m not interested in spending thousands to reline the dash in leather for example, to me that is totally cosmetic and not something I’m interested in.  Same with the wiring in the bay, I’ll make it as tidy as I can but I’m not really interested in hiding the entire wiring loom and moving fuse panels so they can’t be seen etc?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Sorry, yea get ya.  Pretty much same as me, loom is a good example, in fact hiding it can make it worse to trouble shoot if you have issue.  I think we are all pretty much saying the same thing.

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

I think we are all pretty much saying the same thing.

We are Gary, what we’re saying is where are the vids of you laying some elevensies on a “private road”

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 1,178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.