This topic contains 1,175 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,178 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GMH-304
    GMH-304
    Participant

Stops the diff from rolling on launch and hard acceleration. So maintaing the geometry, pinion angle etc to maximise traction.

You’re thinking of traction bars for leaf springs Cava.

This article is a good read about stabilizer bars aka anti-roll bar aka swaybar.

http://www.dragzine.com/project-cars/project-biting-the-bullitt/understanding-drag-racing-rear-anti-roll-bars/

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yep shit. Lol I’m talking about my adjustable upper arms inregards to pinion angle

long week hahah

but Gary. What he said.

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

You planning to reinforce the top trailing arm chassis mounts?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

You planning to reinforce the top trailing arm chassis mounts?

Dont think so. Should still eat ok I hope.

Profile photo of BLOWNVS
    BLOWNVS
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I automatically thought the same about the abs in vz models (I thought anything from vt onwards was standard abs) but have since found that abs was an option on base model vz Utes/crewmans and that there’s some around that had no abs optioned. Strange I know but you can certainly buy non abs vz masters from my recent research. Not sure if the boosters are any different though, I’d  assume not but I’m no brake expert yet. Do you have a picture of the bracket? I’ll probably just make one myself I think. I’m Redoing my lines in double annealed stainless steel and using wilwood 4 pot front brakes so I’m sure I’ll be full bottle by the end of it!</p>

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Gary..the anti-rollbar usually end up looking like upside down swaybar setup & very effective,does make streetcar feel more like wheelbarrow haha

Cav..stitch-weld toparm plate to floorpan from underneath then put decent sized plate inside car on top…can stitch it but not necessary.

Then back from underneath drill say 4 holes,use high tensile nuts & bolts then tighten job completed,much larger surface area for mount to pull on.

Having spool it will want to twist top bushes…add big tyres it will twist top arms/flex mounting…add slicks with big launches *tears*

Do it whilst already there.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I’ll speak to fabricator about it also. Don’t forget I have cage today so the back half of the car is very solid.

The front end has also been stichwelded for extra support.

Profile photo of GMH-304
    GMH-304
    Participant

Cav..stitch-weld toparm plate to floorpan from underneath then put decent sized plate inside car on top…can stitch it but not necessary. Then back from underneath drill say 4 holes,use high tensile nuts & bolts then tighten job completed,much larger surface area for mount to pull on.

You could even go one step further and have 2 extra bars in a cross going between there and the mid hoop on the cage. Problem is bye bye back seat and I’m pretty sure you don’t want to do that.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Very much agree with @gtrboyy, reinforcing the upper arm mounts is an absolute must if you plan on launching the thing hard.

Think of it this way, the lower arms are basically responsible for driving the car forward, but whenever you see a car lift the front wheels off the deck, remember that it’s the top arms doing all that lifting!

The upper mounts must be strong enough to carry the full weight of the car from the rear axle forward, times whatever the leverage of the fulcrum effect is (so adding 1 kg to the very front of the car is worth like 10 times as much force on the upper mounts).

Andrew

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Fuck u pricks costing me money. Gunna have to start a go fund me account.

No x bar on cage lol. Wanna keep the back seat. Granted it’s only registered as a 2 seater now.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

If you are building a 9 sec car and worried about $$ you are going to have a bad time…

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Can still be done on a budget. You would be shocked if you knew what it owe me so far.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Can still be done on a budget. You would be shocked if you knew what it owe me so far.

Mate you have a long way to go :)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yep don’t doubt that. But it should come in pretty tidy on the bank balance.  I have a knack for doing things cheap and I don’t mean cheap as in cutting corners etc.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

C’mon Cav maaa’aaate we just tryin’ to help ya spend money in right places…..really just saving you time on shit we’ve already bent or broken or mistakes lol

With plate inside car for the top control arm brackets you can still fit seat easily enough.

If you run a 9 you’ll only want to try for an 8..it never ends haha

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Haha yeah I no. Don’t worry I’ll be getting them done also. Went for a cruise last night in my mates VP Calais with LSA. fuck I was impressed

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Haha no doubt that would be impressive…that the dude had lpg turbo from SC forum?

Would love to go 6 litre in shitbox vp ute one day.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yeah mate. It was once turbo gas. Fuck me I was so impressed. We chopt a 460rwkw tt VY. The owner wasn’t happy. The throttle response is mind boggling

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Yeah mate. It was once turbo gas. Fuck me I was so impressed. We chopt a 460rwkw tt VY. The owner wasn’t happy. The throttle response is mind boggling

What mods are done to the lsa?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

What mods are done to the lsa?

All bolt ons and a tune.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.