This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,102 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,941 through 1,960 (of 2,106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea baby, now we are talking.  I think the popping and farting is just a warm up issue.  Started it and let it warm up thoroughly, took it for a drive, just awesome.  Fark me its got some power, its pretty much totally unusable on the street power wise which is awesome.  At basically any speed you can just light it up at will, it does actually track very straight.  So pretty much just waiting for the bonnet now.  Then I want to give it to Bonez to do a full detail for me to get it back perfect.  Then she is good to go.  At some stage will get it on a chassis dyno just to do the final road tune tweaks.  Happy days!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

whoo and hoo  :yahoo:

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

so cool congrats Gary

Profile photo of Vsl98
    Vsl98
    Participant

Congrats, is there gonna be a skid video

Vsl98

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thanks all, am actually very relieved, but also happy to have it back going again.  Did the obligatory Gawler “Mainy” and slowly cruising no one even turns their head (including cops) so just how I want it. I am really happy it hasn’t lost that docile cruiseability, Brenton thinks the long ITB runners help with that.  You bet there will be videos.  Happy happy days  :ninja:

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of

Always said a genuine 400rwhp is about it on street tyres before things start getting sketchy  :wave-bye:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea I agree IJ, the good thing is to have a bit of fun, I actually don’t have to do much.  If I take someone for a drive I just cruise along quietly, find a wide spot, stab the throttle and all hell breaks loose.  Then I back off and they giggle like a school kid.  Will be cool to take somewhere like The Bend, and open it up a bit more at some stage.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Yea I agree IJ, the good thing is to have a bit of fun, I actually don’t have to do much. If I take someone for a drive I just cruise along quietly, find a wide spot, stab the throttle and all hell breaks loose. Then I back off and they giggle like a school kid. Will be cool to take somewhere like The Bend, and open it up a bit more at some stage.

giggle like a school kid I’ve been there and I’ve been driving :-)   :-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

giggle like a school kid I’ve been there and I’ve been driving

I reckon we all have!!

Change of plans, so I have decided that a road trip is in order.  Frank is apparently not happy to put the beautiful bonnet in the back of a truck to bring down to me and trust me to ft and align it.  Anyone who knows Frank and his work, knows that once he paints your car, you don’t actually own it, he does, and you are just a custodian of it for a while ;-)

I actually have some relatives over on the Copper Coast, my 84 yo uncle over there is actually quite crook. So Susy and I have decided we are going to make a run over there in the Senator, its about a 2-hour drive.  Frank and his guys will then fit and align the bonnet.  Will stay overnight with relly’s then treck back.  Will be a good test for the old girl anyways.

So have renewed my RAA membership, have been planning that for a while now I have the VL, and soon the MG on the road as well as the Senator.  Moving my Dad into a nursing home this weekend, and will be weather dependant anyway, so might be in 2 or 3 weeks.

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Animal car, well thought out as well. Paint come up really nice. Keen to see it in the flesh one day

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thanks mate, whereabouts are you.  I really want to come across to the east one day in it.  Its’s probably not the car to do a full interstate trip in, so will prob either fright or trailer it, then do some events and have some fun.  Might even do drag challenge one day, not sure.

Profile photo of vspete
    vspete
    Participant

looking good man

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

so have you work out were the gas stations are I know it’s only two hours but that right foot might get happy too much

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I know right, I think a full jerry can in the boot will be a must.  Just toying up in my mind the benefit of giving it to my local mechanic who is a drag guy, literally a couple of hundred metres down from me and getting him to do a basic service and give it the once over.  That’s where the dyno is that we will use later.  Not sure if I am being overly cautious, but half thinking another pair of eyes over it before I treck off may be worth it.  Thoughts??

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Wouldnt hurt to have a mechanic give it the once over. I’ll be doing the same when mine gets tuned, I’ll get them to go over everything from top to bottom to make sure everything is done up properly and no wiring or lines are too close to be rubbed or burnt, not to mention a wheel alignment and balance.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea that’s exactly what I was thinking.  I mean it was a pretty major rebuild and over such a long time.  I just wouldn’t want to have missed something dumb.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Yea that’s exactly what I was thinking. I mean it was a pretty major rebuild and over such a long time. I just wouldn’t want to have missed something dumb.

I don’t know Gary you pretty ocd on the thing I recon you make a list while looking at the car then just do it from the list, I never have

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I am OCD, but still not sure. I sort of think of it’s just a basic service, as in oil, plugs etc it can’t hurt.

Profile photo of

I’d be too paranoid to leave it at a workshop…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^yea there is that to it I guess IJ.  That’s actually a good point, I haven’t had the greatest of runs when I leave it with someone.  Nothing is ever simple.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,941 through 1,960 (of 2,106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.