This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,102 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,861 through 1,880 (of 2,106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

It sucks to read what you’ve been through with THR Gary, I’m glad that I didn’t end up committing to using their services to rebuild my LS1.
    I spoke to Brenton directly last year to discuss what we could do and organized for me to come down to the shop and speak in person twice, both instances we agreed on a time and I wasted both times by waiting for about 15 minutes to be told he was on the dyno both times and I’d be waiting for another few hours, with no further contact from Brenton afterwards.
    I get that he is a busy man but he could have at least mentioned he was going to be on the dyno or doing other work. Safe to say that I didn’t pursue him to do any engine work.

It’s pretty shit to hear about this happening with a shop that has quite the reputation.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

what does THR stand for

Profile photo of Vsl98
    Vsl98
    Participant

You should of not payed the bill, took  your motor and told him to jam his money up his butt

Vsl98

Profile photo of Renno
    Renno
    Participant

The personal insults and bullying tactics dont really resolve anything and just makes them look petty…

They have had another personal crack in the comments on their own post about the situation on the THR Developments FB page.

It’s a shame because this could of been handled 100x better by them.

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

You should of not payed the bill, took your motor and told him to jam his money up his butt

You can’t.

There is a little thing standing in the way called a mechanics lien

https://mtaofsa.com.au/news/hold-the-vehicle-until-repairs-are-paid-for

Profile photo of Vsl98
    Vsl98
    Participant

Okay

Vsl98

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thanks all, yes tbh at least in my eyes they have handled this terribly and look childish with some of the comments they have made and the personal insults.  But at least I did get a chuckle when I saw they said I made “amateur mistakes” building the engine.  Yes, I did, I happily admit that.  It was because I am an amateur!! But in my defence, I did screw together my first ever engine and it made 750HP and tons of torque.  I also built a car in my shed that has been featured in SM.  Of course, I fuck up, I have never ever said I am perfect, I have made and contiue to make stupid mistakes, they don’t?  And the reason I went to them is becuase I am a an amateur, that sort of how it works.

Profile photo of Vehsv454
    Vehsv454
    Participant

Dont let it stress you out. When i built my engine 1st time it was a yr before i had it back in the car. Then got it tuned and was given it back by well known tuner with blown head gaskets. Asked why oil temps so high and he said ” just drive it, it’ll be fine”. When i found out gaskets blown and confronted him, all i got was ” i should have stayed away, i didnt put engine in car” like it was my fault somehow, used same builder he did too..

Had a gearbox built for it ,12.5k, unbreakable, 3 weeks later im looking for new gearbox. Before i pulled engine out this time i thought id get another reputable tuner to give the tune a tickle, came back running like a pig, gave them one more go,then changed tuners, picked up 45 rwkw. It had standard injector data

The engine was using some oil so i pulled it out last march 2018. Found hot spots in the bore, ring groove TDC, probably caused by that bad tune. ordered new heads and intake from states, they arrive 6 months later. You beauty, asked builder “be back in a month”. Nope machine shop hadnt machined yet. I was expecting short block to be ready, drop heads on and away we go. Now march 2019, 1 yr later, and im hoping ill have engine back in 10 days time.

Just seems to be the way it goes. I just dont worry bout the now, just think of when you have that engine back in the car, going for the 1st drive, and light it up at 120 going down the freeway… YEE HAA

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looks like I missed an update from last weekend.  Have decided to move on, going to get stuck into this thing and get it back where it belongs, back on the road, frying tyres and scaring me.

Started off by rounding everything up, giving it all a cleaned and see where I am at.  Decided to remove the suspension off the K frame so it will be a little easier when it comes time to position it under the car.  Got the starter swap plate all mounted up properly, also the converter fitted into the trans then the tarns its elf fitted up.  Just need to bolt up the converter now.  Also, this morning the 1/2″ rocker spacers arrived form the states, so will also get them on.  Having a day off work tomorrow so hopefully, make some more progress.  Few pics for posterity.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well have some exciting news, secret squirrel but stay tuned.  Upshot is i need to get my skates on and get it all buttoned up and looking good and ready to go.  Spent a nice solid day yesterday, its pretty much done now.  So I am having a “visitor” this week, but then all, things being equal should be good to get stuck into the actual install into the car next week end.  Cant wait to get it back and running and ripping skids.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

That’s cool looks like a supercars engine with the trumpets but with more power mee likey a lot

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep a couple of guys have said it’s like a street legal V8 supercar.  I know it’s not but probably as close as I could make it . I think they are 620hp? Not sure of the torque.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Spill beans.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Spill beans.

Secret mens business…

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

engine looks great. The hpc coating on yours has lasted better than mine. Have you cleaned it up with something or thats just how its aged?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No that’s just how it’s aged.  I tried to “polish” it but nothing I used seem to make it come up any better. (not sure if anyone else has any ideas?) I did consider getting it redone, but the truth is once it’s in the car you don’t really see it.

sands vs
    Participant

https://www.manciniracing.com/cecepo.html

that came out not sure how well it works

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well, I thought I would share this with you guys first, so Street Machine have a photographer coming over tonight to take photos of the engine.  Not totally sure about all the details, but I believe it’s going to be in the LSX Tuner mag, also potentially mill of the month in the regular mag and maybe online somehow.   Pretty stoked about it tbh, sort of got me all enthused about it all again too, which is a bonus.

So once all that’s done, by young 13 y.o. mate Joe is coming over Saturday.  He tragically lost his Dad a few months ago so I am trying to look after him.  He loves cars and engines so the plan is to show him how to fit the trans properly etc, so it will take a little longer than if I was just doing it myself.  But if by the end of the weekend I have the engine sitting in the bay I will be happy.

sands vs
    Participant

Nice that you are looking out for him mate.

Great to see the feature be cool to get some behind the scenes

As for my headers I went satin black as the shiny chrome finish I just found too much upkeep

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

It must be down to the quality of how it’s applied, as I say mine aren’t too bad after a couple of years now.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,861 through 1,880 (of 2,106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.