This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,102 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 2,106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter
    Well first official cruise yesterday, first little gremlin today. Had a Barossa cruise, met a great group of guys at Galwer this morning at 9am and we headed up together. Car was running great although its become difficult to start for some reason. I am still a little unconvinced by the charging/battery so will plan to have a look at that.
    But we gathered at Peter Lehman wines, then set off for a 100km cruise. Car was driving awesome, tons of power. Then at the end of the cruise heading into Tanunda the fuel pressure suddenly dropped. As I was slowing down to see what had happened it cut our completely. Glided to a stop, got out bit of a head scratch.
    I could hear what I think are the lift pumps priming, but not the main. Then after a couple of minutes the main fired up but sounded awful and it came up to about 30psi. I hit the starter and it fired, I yelled to Suesy to jump in and told the boys I would try and make it home.
    So we limped back at about 60 km/h, Bit challenging coming through the town, but managed to get it home and in the shed. So letting it cool down then will have a bit of an explore. I suspect the main isnt right but will have to do some trouble shooting.
    All in all a great week end though, I fully expect to have to sort some issues, the main thing is its so much fun to drive, not with the glide it just tracks so straight under power, its awesome.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Fix ya post Barry

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Fix ya post Barry

Your a bloody mod, why didn’t you!!! (did it btw!!)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Mod??

how do I access my powers.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Send you pm tomorrow :)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Cool. I need to ban some people

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

This just turned up on the C4C fb page, cheers to the boys at Slow Life. Cool pic I reckon

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Couple more, I had actually spent Thursday by my Mums side in intensive care, but thankfully she is now out of danger and very much on the improve.  Gotta say my heart wasn’t really into cleaning the beast before the run, I was stuffed tbh so to pick up best VIP I was pretty happy with.  So all in all a bloody exhausting few days.  Footnote is I pulled the main pump out tonight and its seized.  Jack at Earls wants me to send it up to him and he will check it out and thinks its covered under warranty.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

Awesome to finally see it running and being enjoyed (albeit for a brief moment)

Glad to hear it’s nothing too hard to fix :)

Surely the pump is covered under warranty, it’s hardly done any work yet? How did you find the drivability with the glide? Did you get any freeway kms with it?

Do you wish you got a TR6060MG9……? Sorry mate, had to ask :whistle:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea, just beautiful to drive.  I would think so with the pump being under warranty, actually its just clocked over 1,000km.  I got Dan to reset the cluster back to zero for me when he configured it for the new ECU so its easy to keep track of how many k’s ts done since I built it.  I spoke to Jack at Earls where I bought it and he thinks it will be.  For the money I paid for it, and the fact its supposed to be one of the best you can get it better be.  At first I wondered if its running too hard given  I am only making 600+ hp, and the pumps capable of 1,000hp but he seemed to think it should be bullet proof no matter what I do to it.  Posting it up to him today so hopefully hear soon.

I love the glide, yea we did 100km’s all up on the Saturday, and probably 90km on Sunday.  Good mix of freeway, stop start etc.  Gearbox wise no issues at all.  I mean at one stage i did let it rip a bit, the last thing you are thinking of when its doing its thing is grabbing another gear.  Its just tracks so straight now with the 1.8:1 first gear ratio.  before it would kick sideways violently now it just runs straight as.

I’m very ambivalent to the pump failing.  Its a whole new car virtually, and its making relatively big numbers, so I know there will be issues to sort.  A bit like the gearbox at first.  I just think if i drive it hard, break it, fix it so that doesn’t break again, and repeat that process eventually I will have a 600hp street able virtual race car, then I will be happy :-)

Couple more pics have turned up around fb;

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Cars looking great hope you get the pump sorted soon.

How many ks has the actual car done by the trim looks like not much?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I think it had done about 190,000 , so a few but I had looked after it. And during the build when I had the whole interior out I got a car cleaning mate to go over it. Only small issue is the velour panel on the drivers door bulges a little. I have also bought some proper adhesive to fix the new door rubber up into the door corners properly. But yea the interior is pretty good cond.

Profile photo of grug
    grug
    Participant
    Supporter

that pic of you driving it in is mint

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Gary.

You know what we want……

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Such a good looking car. Good to see you enjoying it.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I do like that pic driving it in.  Cav the issue is its not a car i want to risk posting a vid of it melting tyres on a public road, even if it had hypothetically happened   :whistle:

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Shed skid

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

What I can confirm is the experience of nailing first, smoking it up to about 100km, then using the pro ratchet smashing it into top in the glide without lifting, clutch, whatever is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on :)

Note: The action above was completed on a private road under controlled conditions – do not try this at home :good:

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

What I can confirm is the experience of nailing first, smoking it up to about 100km, then using the pro ratchet smashing it into top in the glide without lifting, clutch, whatever is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on :) Note: The action above was completed on a private road under controlled conditions – do not try this at home

Thats the ultimate description of torque there… Who needs to ride the brakes, plant it… hold on and smile.. Its funny people asked what I was after in my build I thought if it could scare/excite me every time I drive it that’s all I cared about. Dyno sheets and et times dont do much for me, its about the driving experience. This build alhou its had its issues sounds like its turning into a fun usable thing. Hope you get the pump sorted soon and get some ks on it enjoy it.

Did you get the side skirt sorted or still want me to keep an eye out?

If there was a video of such antics could it make it into my inbox :good:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Agreed, I can honestly say its unlike any other car I have driven, its very tame, almost sedate whilst cruising, but just goes stupid when you give it the welly.  One day someone will ride in it and take a video, then it might get shared around a  little ;-)   Waiting to hear back from Earls, if the Weldon pump fix takes a while I was toying with the idea of buying an 044 and dummy fitting it so I can get it back enjoying again.

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 2,106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.