This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,102 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 2,106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thank you mate, I have just been blown away by the support and kind words I have received during this build. Thank you so much.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

So I dont want to get into full tuning as such.  But I do want a deeper understanding of whats going on and why.  I used to read as much as I could when I was younger about tuning and suspension design etc.  Books like Phil Irving tuning for speed, or Costins, Chassis design & Competition tuning, but I really haven’t of late.  My tuner recommended this book to me and it arrived today.  No doubt some heavy reading, but looking forward to getting into it, and at least hopefully being able to have a discussion with him on a little more equal footing :)

Profile photo of GTS-213
    GTS-213
    Participant

What was the end result of the cats used to pass emissions, They look like BF falcon duel cell euro 3 cats? Also did it require the use of pre and post O2 sensors for the computer to register the emissions levels?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of GTS-213 GTS-213.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi mate, sorry travelling at the moment so can only get on occasionally. Not sure exact spec of cats, with the O2 sensors no, just two, one each bank in the collectors before the cats. I may be able to find the specs of the cats when I am back but not for a while.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well at the risk of pissing anyone off, I am sitting in a hotel ready to go to the Sat qualifying for the Monaco GP tomorrow. If anyone out there us a car race nut you just have to do this.

But just so glad the car went through before we left. A couple of times have started thinking about driving it when I get back, really can’t wait. Even though I am a long way from home.

Cool to drop in to the forum when I get a minute like this and see the banter, some bloody cool builds on the forum and great discussion.

Life’s good  :good:

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

Im jealous  haha monaco is on my bucket list ill get thereone day :good:

Profile photo of Brockfan05
    Brockfan05
    Participant
    Supporter

I havent been on for a few weeks, so my belated congratulations on getting the car approved and regoed Gary!!! Fricken awesome, well done. Cant wait to see it in the flesh someday!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Cheers mate. Was a bloody mammoth effort. Just one of those that’s such a relief when it’s done.

So just back to the room after the Sunday race day for Monaco. Seriously if you are a race car guy you have to do this. Maybe when I am back and not on a phone I will do a full write up as I feel like I have scoped it out pretty good.

Just the coolest mixture of racing, glamour, wealth, beauty and style.

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

F1 is a must to see live and also sub 6 second drag cars are also a must to see live

NHRA would be absolutly awesome to see live

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep an NHRA meet is on my car bucket list.

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

F1 is a must to see live and also sub 6 second drag cars are also a must to see live NHRA would be absolutly awesome to see live

Western Sydney Raceway and Willowbank in QLD have the Nitro Champ Race meets and assorted season events, my Dad and I have frequently seen mid to low 4 second passes there from the few top fuelers we have in Aus. Doorslammers are frequenting high fives now too, they’re awesome to watch :D

I highly recommend going, especially western sydney as you can walk around the pits for free and actually watch the mechanics take apart and rebuild the top fuel engines. It’s an awesome experience :)

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah I went to the nitro funny cars meet at palmyra just a couple weekends a go

I see them each year but I don’t think anything here in oz would truly compare to a full NHRA meet with top fuelers in funny cars and rails, the pro stocks and pro stock bikes all in 1 mad event in one of there multi million dollars facility’s

and to walk around the pits and see there set ups would be on a whole new level

couple years ago at the nitros they rebuilt the engine each run but now they don’t do that any more

I was talking to one team member and they use a alloy block and alloy heads with alloy con rods as well, I actually have one hanging up in my shed and they use the engine for 3 runs and do very little compared to what they use to between runs

a leak down test and service and away they go again and surprisingly they run about 20psi in the nitro cars

Profile photo of dazedv3
    dazedv3
    Participant

Hey mate followed your build through JC and SC really like it. Just curious if you could shed some specifics on your fuel tank setup as I have a VP  ITS with LS1 and want a surge tank but without doing a boot install there isn’t really anywhere to mount one.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi mate. Speak to Jake at Bain Racing. Thats the set up I went for. 3l inbuilt surge but also a lot of smarts internally inside the tank. Great people to deal with.  Hard to link you on my phone just google them. They have fire and skulls on their website :)

Profile photo of Matty
    Matty
    Participant

Sorry, been AWOL for a while but stoked to hear it’s legal, an inspirational build if ever there was one.

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

Any vids of it driving yet????…. (read: any vids of skids yet??)

Profile photo of SSN8TD
    SSN8TD
    Participant

Hes in Europe at the moment, stay posted for when he gets back bud

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi all. Have a quick few mins to post. Currently travelling. Occasionally wake up and start planning the couple of things I want to do as soon as I get back. Will change back to the twin 3″ exhaust with Vaarex and fairly sure now it’s tuned right will come under the 90dB. Then off for a decency tune. Then am going to drive it like I stole it for a while. Pretty sure the auto won’t like that. When it goes will swap to the glide. So looking forward to driving and enjoying it. Also need to find a nice private pad and blow a set of tyres off :).

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Fuck u still on holidays.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep still got about 5 weeks to go :)

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 2,106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.